C4 Forums | Control4

Control4 Intros $300 Media Streamer and TuneIn Support at ISE 2013

dgbrown

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I viewed the Extra Vegetables video of the sonos integration. Crap... I think I'm going to have to go that direction- my wife can use that easily.

I love the lower cost of the grace tuner (was on my list for a while) but Sonos is a much larger market and I suspect it will be lower likelihood of having any problems simply due to install volume. I also suspect it'll be maintained and upgraded with the service. Buy once cry once...

I viewed the Extra Vegetables video of the sonos integration. Crap... I think I'm going to have to go that direction- my wife can use that easily.

I love the lower cost of the grace tuner (was on my list for a while) but Sonos is a much larger market and I suspect it will be lower likelihood of having any problems simply due to install volume. I also suspect it'll be maintained and upgraded with the service. Buy once cry once...

Careful...this thread may or may not be of interest depending on what you expect to use on Sonos.

http://www.c4forums.com/viewtopic.php?id=12642

We don't know for sure yet - the 2.4 release notes will specify. 2.4 isn't even in beta yet from what I hear.

Go with this for now. No reports yet what exact requirements will be for TuneIn. Likely it'll work on any controller that can take the 2.4 update, but nothing's certain yet.

I would love to see some iHeartRadio support...I don't get FM reception hardly at all at my house...I have a love hate relationship with that huge mountain.

Most radio stations of most major north american cities are on tunein, so quite likely you'll get what you want on there.

I would love to see some iHeartRadio support...I don't get FM reception hardly at all at my house...I have a love hate relationship with that huge mountain.

Most radio stations of most major north american cities are on tunein' date=' so quite likely you'll get what you want on there.[/quote']

Yeah...TuneIn links to iHeartRadio. CCM+E (largest broadcaster in the world) doesn't allow others to stream their stations...they all direct to iHeartRadio.

Control4 have actually confirmed that both the Media Streamer and TuneIn utilises driverworks for their driver with a brand spanking new proxy. What this means (speculatively) is that developers can make drivers with a keyboard based search interface and drivers that interact directly to the audio output. From what i've heard the documentation for the API's will not be out until after 2.4 unfortunately. Still very exciting stuff.

We don't know for sure yet - the 2.4 release notes will specify. 2.4 isn't even in beta yet from what I hear.

Go with this for now. No reports yet what exact requirements will be for TuneIn. Likely it'll work on any controller that can take the 2.4 update' date=' but nothing's certain yet.[/quote']

If i remember correctly from the webex, they said HC1000, 250 or 800 will be required.

Control4 have actually confirmed that both the Media Streamer and TuneIn utilises driverworks for their driver with a brand spanking new proxy. What this means (speculatively) is that developers can make drivers with a keyboard based search interface and drivers that interact directly to the audio output. From what i've heard the documentation for the API's will not be out until after 2.4 unfortunately. Still very exciting stuff.

Which should mean that now we can search movies or songs!!

Which should mean that now we can search movies or songs!!

would be awesome for the XBMC Driver!

Go with this for now. No reports yet what exact requirements will be for TuneIn. Likely it'll work on any controller that can take the 2.4 update' date=' but nothing's certain yet.[/quote']

If i remember correctly from the webex, they said HC1000, 250 or 800 will be required.

Yes, but I've heard differently from inside the walls as well. So for now I'll just stick with requirements unknown beyond being built into the software, no external hardware required.

Most radio stations of most major north american cities are on tunein' date=' so quite likely you'll get what you want on there.[/quote']

Yeah...TuneIn links to iHeartRadio. CCM+E (largest broadcaster in the world) doesn't allow others to stream their stations...they all direct to iHeartRadio.

CCM+E

Which will likely still work (and largets broadcaster in the world is rather debatable). Give me a few stations you're looking for - I'll see if they'll work or not.

CCM+E

Which will likely still work (and largets broadcaster in the world is rather debatable). Give me a few stations you're looking for - I'll see if they'll work or not.

KJMY, KNRS, KOSY. Maybe KRSP as well.

And it isn't really debatable...they own over 800 radio stations, hundreds of thousands of billboards/taxi boards and I don't remember how many TV stations.

I'll check those channels tomorrow - the new tune-in allows some - alternative methods as well.

Debatable - in no small part because it depends on how and what exactly you mean by broadcaster. BBC and ARD are likely larger by a huge margin, and I wouldn't be too sure CCM+E is the largest in the US though some may claim as much. I doubt that however.

If you mean largest media company. I believe they where somewhere in the second part of the top 10 list for 2012.

But it really doesn't matter ;)

KJMY' date=' KNRS, KOSY. Maybe KRSP as well.[/quote']

Of the 4 I can see all, and all seem available. KRSP for sure - I can stream it now, the other three aren't streaming due to me being in a different country - but they should be available to you once this is out.

Yeah, KRSP is one station that ISN'T a CCM+E station, and isn't on iHeartRadio.

I'll be blown away if the CCM+E stations work. I hope they do, but I am doubtful. They work for me when I'm in a different country...but that's via iHeartRadio.

Archived