C4 Forums | Control4

In wall touch screen in kids Play Room?

me23

I have an in wall 7" touch screen with intercom and wanted to put it in the kids play room upstairs, so when my wife or I are in there, we can have access to intercom, etc.

Is there a way to lock out the kids from messing with it via a program or some kind of lock screen?

Yeah, sort of. The agent is better than nothing but a TS cannot be locked-out completely. Control4 Custom screen would be your default but that requires a min. of selections. From there Control4 Home is passcode protected.

Yeah its 2.3

I'm assuming some similar thing can be done with the sr250 as well, like just limiting what it can control in a certain room. Dont want the in laws accidently turning on lights, etc.

On the SR-250 - you're out of luck completely.

On the TS, access agent won't lock out the whole screen but allows you to limit what's available (do some searching here, there's a fair bit on here).

Another option is using a pop-up on the screen that gets removed using some form of button sequence - on the screen or elsewhere.

C4 in general allows control over everything - the options for limiting control are ... limited.

Best bet for the in laws is an sr150 remote as it's room-bound.

Yeah its 2.3

I'm assuming some similar thing can be done with the sr250 as well, like just limiting what it can control in a certain room. Dont want the in laws accidently turning on lights, etc.

I agree sr-150 is the easiest option.......but in the case of not having an sr-150, u could also just hide everything (u wanted to) for the most part in that rooms navigator properties , u could also set up the sr-250's watch and listen button to work just like the sr-150 by selecting most recently used devices instead of show device list.........doesnt solve the changing room location or some other minor items, but still better than nothing.

Yoc cannot put a password to unlock or lock a remote.....but u can put a password on devices thru the remote....such as the TV

I'll pm you the instuctions if interested.

Mentioned already: put up a pop-up without time out or ok button. Have it say something along the lines of "this is locked".

Then use a sequence of the shortcut button presses to unlock using variables timers etc, or have a custom button on another TS to unlock (hide pop-up) etc.

What you choose to trigger that pop-up is up to you - schedules, timers, shortcut buttons etc.

This has been around for much longer than the Access Agent by the way.

Another option is to make a Blank custom screen (you'll need to create a few empty favorites) and lock off the home screen etc using the access agent. This of course affects all screens not just the one.

^Well there you go me23- get going on all that :) Seriously, that is waaay more than the average end-user is going to go through. "Messing" is what kids do. If it is a problem then limit the attributes, rooms and/or devices. We don't even know what the OP is trying to accomplish. If it's anything and everything why install a TS in that location?

I like the SR-150 idea but personally, I use the big-stick method here.

^Well there you go me23- get going on all that :) Seriously, that is waaay more than the average end-user is going to go through. "Messing" is what kids do. If it is a problem then limit the attributes, rooms and/or devices. We don't even know what the OP is trying to accomplish. If it's anything and everything why install a TS in that location?

I like the SR-150 idea but personally, I use the big-stick method here.

Ok I did it. I kid, I kid. :)

I'm starting to wonder why I put one there as well. I guess I wanted one somewhere on that floor and figured why not. We all spend time in there and don't have the tv on all the time. Probably don't need it, but hell half the stuff we install we don't need, right? What can I say I love this shit!!!!

^There you go. To be brutally honest here, I have 5" TSs in all the kid's bedrooms. Do they use them? Yeah, once or twice a month. Guess how I feel about that? On one hand, my kids don't screw with them except to use the intercom to eaves-drop. Good for them to use what I spent money on. And, as I mentioned, on the other I feel like the CA Mini Remote Velcro'd to their bedposts was probably enough. That little remote is not the best at checking-in for some reason but has a zillion programmable button actions.

Archived