C4 Forums | Control4

Cameras and myHome access

I have several cameras around the house and I can view them fine with MyHome over WiFi, but when Im away from the house and using 4G, I cant view the cameras. Ive tired eliminating the security login on the cameras but it didn't help. any Ideas?

Even with security disabled/blank, due to how they authenticate, certain cameras and encoders (including Wirepath) don't show on iOS (or at least the iPhone) using anywhere access, AFAIK this has not been resolved in 2.5 yet but is still being looked into - but I could be mistaken.

IF your camera/encoder has the ability to be set to SPECIFICALLY allow HTTP BASIC Authentication you could try that.

Not sure about the panny cameras specifically - but yes there are some issues, and yes they're know. I know the iPhone for sure - could be the iPad too. It would be the app AFAIK, not the iOS operating system as such.

Do note that I've seen camera's on anywhere access be very slow to pop-up in general so if you're getting a black "image" just give it a minute longer to eliminate that as a "cause".

• 1 month later...

The odd thing is this DID work when I first upgrade to 2.4. Seems like one of the Android and iOS app upgrades knocked this out. Issue is still there with 2.5. Have both a Panasonic IP camera I use as a baby monitor and the wirepath DVR. Since it stopped working, myHome only works within the network and iOS/Android doesn't work inside my network or outside.

The odd thing is this DID work when I first upgrade to 2.4. Seems like one of the Android and iOS app upgrades knocked this out. Issue is still there with 2.5. Have both a Panasonic IP camera I use as a baby monitor and the wirepath DVR. Since it stopped working, myHome only works within the network and iOS/Android doesn't work inside my network or outside.

Sounds like your controller might no have a static IP?

But what do you mean by MyHome vs iOS/Android? If you mean PC - that doesn't work outside the home, not using Anywhere Access at least.

Sounds like your controller might no have a static IP?

But what do you mean by MyHome vs iOS/Android? If you mean PC - that doesn't work outside the home, not using Anywhere Access at least.

I do have a static internal (192.*) address and use dynamic dns to access externally but thought that wasn't required using anywhere access? When I setup the connection on wifi it sets the 192.* address. I edit it to the dynamic dns entry (which is correctly routed internally) it did not connect. I deleted, recreated and then immediately edited the IP to the dynamic DNS entry and it now works! Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

All my clients' cameras continue to work through 2.3, 2.4 2.5 and 2.5.1 as far as I know via 4Sight, including Wirepath and basic Panasonics. Just tested a set of Wirepath cameras via 4Sight on my iPhone. Authentication is enabled. However, regular 4Sight os noticeably slower compared to native camera viewing app or 4Sight via VPN.

All my clients' cameras continue to work through 2.3, 2.4 2.5 and 2.5.1 as far as I know via 4Sight, including Wirepath and basic Panasonics. Just tested a set of Wirepath cameras via 4Sight on my iPhone. Authentication is enabled. However, regular 4Sight os noticeably slower compared to native camera viewing app or 4Sight via VPN.

Yes, and this was my concern when they brought everything to 4Sight rather than us using VPN anymore. So you have a lot more traffic on the 4Sight portal than previously probably--and has C4 kept up with bandwidth requirements?

Archived