C4 Forums | Control4

Internet audio streaming skipping at 256k

Hi everyone,

I'm using Internet radio a lot and subscribe to DI.fm in order to have the best streaming possible and no ad.

The stream is 256k instead of 64k but it is skipping on my c4 system. I know it has nothing to do with my Internet capabilities because I have Extreme High speed with my provider.

How can I fix that? Increase the c4 buffer?

Please help.

Marc

Just saying, but just because you have "Extreme High Speed" doesn't mean your ISP is keeping the pipe clear enough for a connection to any random website. Have you verified you don't have this issue with this service on PC or other streaming devices in your home?

I have 50mb/5mb, and I get buffering lots of times, depending on a variety of variables.

Nor does it say anything about the server you're getting the stream from.

First thing would be checking the same stream/url on a computer on the same network - then if the computer is fine, you at least know it's C4 related (although networking could still be part of it depending on set-up).

Nor does it say anything about the server you're getting the stream from.

First thing would be checking the same stream/url on a computer on the same network - then if the computer is fine, you at least know it's C4 related (although networking could still be part of it depending on set-up).

Well maybe I should have been more detailed with my initial message...

Yes of course I did test and my computer or my AppleTV or any other device on that same network would play that stream flawlessly. C4 is playing the 96k without any problem but skips at 256k. The reason why I don't want to use the 96k stream is because that stream has commercials while the Premium (256k) stream (which I'm subscribed) is ad free.

So again I know it is C4 related and would like to know if there is a fix.

Thank you again.

Marc

Archived