C4 Forums | Control4

No Audio output from Director. Help. On site.

I have an HC-800 with it's Analog Audio Out 1 & 2 connected to the Control4 16 channel Amp Inputs 1 & 2.

I've made the connections in composer and done everything like I have in the past with other projects.

The site has been updated to 2.5

Tune-in, Rhapsody and the doorbell will not produce sound at any of the zone.

Can someone guide me through troubleshooting? I'm stumped and have consulted other programmers and they are stumped as well.

I have a sonos connected to an input and it's playing just fine to all zones. It think the amp is fine it is just the output of the Director.

If I have the HC-800 plugged into the amplifier, what should the end points for the HC-800 be set to?

The endpoints for the 800 shouldn't be set at all (for audio) - the room would be connected to the amp, the 800 stereo is connected to the amp - off you go.

HOWEVER, there are two things that can mess this up.

1) Sometimes the output on the 800 is turned down (volume control on the 800 for stereo is possible - this should set to 100% automatically as long as no audio and volume endpoints are connected) - Not sure but I think this can be done only via Pro - but double click on the 800 in the monitoring view on HE might give you the option.

2)If HDMI is connected to the TV (via switches, receivers etc or direct) and the TV does any endpoints at all HDMI may be chosen as the route automatically, so no sound from the speakers.

...what should the end points for the HC-800 be set to?

If your utilizing STEREO then it's to the Amplifier->Audio Input X, CPro of course. These are the connections to be made (endpoints??). HC audio-out levels check is good thing to do and yes you can access in HE.

If you used 2.5 to update the controller that was on a previous version there is an issue where it does not load the digital media driver correctly in the project. There is release notes on the website regarding this. It states to use composer 2.2.4 to update to 2.5, then once updated you can resume programming through 2.5.

If you used 2.5 to update the controller that was on a previous version there is an issue where it does not load the digital media driver correctly in the project. There is release notes on the website regarding this. It states to use composer 2.2.4 to update to 2.5, then once updated you can resume programming through 2.5.

This is probably the case here. Can you provide a link to the fix?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

2)If HDMI is connected to the TV (via switches, receivers etc or direct) and the TV does any endpoints at all HDMI may be chosen as the route automatically, so no sound from the speakers.

Had the same problem with HDMI being the "best" option for sending audio and no signal on analog out.

Solution: Make 2 simple AVswitch drivers. ONLY VIDEO.

First one with HDMI input and COMPOSITE output, second one with COMPOSITE input and HDMI output. Conect them in the video path between HDMI and the TV (via switches, receivers etc or direct) and that should force the HC-800 to use analog out for audio.

Hope it helps.

the only fix I have found for this is to re-build the project from scratch.  does anyone else have an easier one?

I don't believe this is true.  I once had the same problem and simply loaded a new "controller" onto the project which deposited the Digital Media Driver then moved that driver under the active controller.  It's been a looong time so perhaps it was done some other way but certainly not as radical as a project rebuild.

Archived