C4 Forums | Control4

Xbox One will control your Home Theater

zaphod

Unfortunately its not the same connector, so hopefully a solution will present itself.  My problem is that I already have cat cable ran to the location.  Don't know if its possible to use cat on the extension or not.

I actually want to use the Kinect this time, it seems to actually enhance the xbox way more than before.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks the same, but after further look, it is keyed and different plug, so have to have either an adapter or someone will have an extension soon after launch...  Or for those more adventurous, cut the cable and extend it using cat6 cable(s)  :)

• 10 months later...

I gave up on Kinect extension, if I want to use Kinect, I will buy the 360 version of the game.  I doubt there will be much compelling Kinect content by the time you can't buy the 360 versions of new games.

I didn't even install Xbox One in my theater, it went in my matrix rack.

And the other slap in the face is the controller range sucks vs. the 360 controllers.  Now that is truly lame--and this is after updating the firmware and they've been out close to a year.

I hear your frustrations.  Kinda makes me wish I didn't get the Xbox One... but I had $200 in Best Buy rewards, so figure what the hell.  However, for some reason, I can't get the IR to connect (turn on) the Xbox One in my rack... very odd.  I have tried putting the IR emitter in just about every location near the eject button, no control... frustrating.  Wish they had an IP driver out for this thing.

Scott

The IR will not turn on the Xbox one unless it is in energy saving mode.  My Xbox turns on everytime in that mode.  Never in instant on mode.  Seems silly

Oh you have to be kidding me... haha!  Let me try that.  It does seem silly. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for sending the driver.  I tried it this morning once the driver was installed, but it still didn't work.  Where exactly do you have your IR emitter located?  I've tried it right next to the eject button, 1/2 inch from the eject button and 1 inch from the eject button... all placement locations level with the Xbox One eject button.  Am I missing something?  The IR emitter I have still has the white 2-sided sticker on the back of it, could this be blocking the signal?  I can peel this off and just use clear hot glue.  I currently have the Xbox one on energy saving mode.  I may turn this off and try again when I get home.  Any other settings or configuration suggestions?

Thanks.

Scott

I put my sensor right next to the eject button, almost touching it. Right now I have my xbox in instant on mode and it turns on when I hit xbox one through c4. I previously had it in power save mode and it would also turn on through c4. I can take a pic of my it bud location if that would help. I am out of town but I could send that if you would like when I return home.

Okay...after moving the IR emitter around, I found the spot. You have to be right next to and partially on the eject button. Once I found the spot, it worked. However, on "room off" command the XB1 doesn't shut off.

Scott

I had the same issues with turning the unit off.  Edit the driver for the "Off" macro to include the following:

->: Power Toggle

->: Wait 2200 milliseconds

->: Up

->: Enter

Give that a try.  It worked for me.

I had the same issues with turning the unit off.  Edit the driver for the "Off" macro to include the following:

Give that a try.  It worked for me.

Good idea.  I looked at the driver and noticed the Power Off section was empty.

Scott

ohhh, I like that, I'm going to give that a try tonight.  Thanks!

Let me know if it works for you.  I can't access my system myself as I don't have Composer HE.  If it works for you that would be great.  I did notice in the driver for the "off" command it has:

<commandname>OFF</commandname>

<displayname>Off</displayname>

<codes>

<ircode>

<id>103</id>

</ircode>

<delay>2200</delay>

<ircode>

<id>111</id>

</ircode>

</codes>

</ircodemacro>

</ircodemacros>

</irsection>

</config>

How does the below help:

Just trying to understand some of this stuff.  Thanks!

Scott

Sorry, I was away for the weekend.  I think you need Pro to edit the driver.  I uploaded the driver I'm using to the download section.

What happens is that the Xbox asks if you are sure you want to turn it off.  If you hit the Up command and then Enter, it works every time.  Good luck.

Archived