C4 Forums | Control4

Dune, MyMovies, HDMI Matrix, EV Drivers and changing audio

I'm hoping someone can help here.  I have a Dune Base 3D hooked in as an input to my HDMI matrix (Atlona ATPRO3HD66M).  I use My Movies and the EV drivers for the Dune, Collection Management and Atlona matrix.  Everything works great in my rooms that use an A/V receiver capable of decoding the audio bitstream (for DTS-HD MA, etc.).  In one room, I have a regular LCD TV with built-in speakers, so to get audio to work for the Dune, I have to change the settings to PCM Decode down to Stereo.  Then things work fine for the bastard tv with no A/V receiver.  Then I have to go and change back to bitstream to get the nice audio when playing in other rooms.

Question 1: Am I going about this all wrong and there's some sort of feature I'm missing here that will automatically do this for me?

Question 2: If not, is there a way in any of the drivers with some programming to change the Dune audio settings on the fly (based on the room being played in) prior to the video starting up.  The only thing I could think of was using the navigation commands in the Dune driver for this but when selecting a movie to be played through my movies I'm not sure that would work (plus it looks kludgy).

Any help or thoughts?

Thanks,

Eric

I'm pretty sure that matrix already de-embeds the audio to 2-Channel PCM out of the SPDIF output per zone.  Do you have an extra cable running to the older TV.  This is what you could use a D/A converter to just get 2 channel audio to that TV.  No other settings would have to be changed.

Welcome to HDMI HELL! LOL I'd look at getting an audio de-embedder for the TV and let that do the work. Atlona and others make the hardware.

Thanks for the tip!  I found the one from Atlona and ordering now.  The matrix does also de-embed but I'd rather just hook another box behind the TV than run another wire from my rack room all the way upstairs.

Thanks again!

Eric

Thanks for the tip!  I found the one from Atlona and ordering now.  The matrix does also de-embed but I'd rather just hook another box behind the TV than run another wire from my rack room all the way upstairs.

Thanks again!

Eric

Don't you have a spare Cat 5/6 cable running that route that you could send the stereo pair down instead of data?

Archived