C4 Forums | Control4

David

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manila is a long way away.

IF you are willing it is the least I can do. You can PM me the address if interested.

I have yet to try your drivers but thanks nonetheless efforts of people like you are much appreciated in these forums.

Cheers,

I am also have issues where it failes on the scan below is what is in the lua  output:

DEBUG: ExecuteCommand(LUA_ACTION)
INFO: Validating Setup
INFO: Validating Setup
INFO: Media Path Set To smb://TOWER/Media
INFO: Get MyMovies Version
INFO: Get Latest Change
INFO: Changes Detected At 12/11/2013 5:25:37 PM
INFO: Get Collection List
INFO: Collecting Details For Movie 133 - 2001: A Space Odyssey
INFO: Collecting Details For Movie 134 - 2010: The Year We Make Contact
INFO: Collecting Details For Movie 135 - Air Force One
INFO: Collecting Details For Movie 136 - Alien
INFO: Collecting Details For Movie 138 - Aliens
INFO: Collecting Details For Movie 182 - Alien³
INFO: Collecting Details For Movie 137 - Alien Resurrection
INFO: Collecting Details For Movie 249 - Alien Quadrilogy
[string "Lua Code"]:223: attempt to index a nil value (ExecuteCommand)

I tried the last files you attached and now it appears to have loaded into control 4 but I still cant get it to validate the my movies. I don't know if its mymovies now because I have never used it before. The mymovies ip is just the ip of the computer running the software right. Sorry if I am bugging you and you don't have the time to help.....just tell me because this would just be a nice add on for me not a necessity.

post-125896-0-95130100-1386863069_thumb.

I tried the last files you attached and now it appears to have loaded into control 4 but I still cant get it to validate the my movies. I don't know if its mymovies now because I have never used it before. The mymovies ip is just the ip of the computer running the software right. Sorry if I am bugging you and you don't have the time to help.....just tell me because this would just be a nice add on for me not a necessity.

Yes.

It's because the HC-250 is an ARM based controller unlike the HC-800 with is x86 based.

Am having a look at it now to see if can fix easily.

Thanks

David

Darn you rich people with the 800 lol. Just kidding I thank you for your time and effort either way.

I should be able to get it working on the HC-250, just need a little time.

The process is quite CPU intensive so would suggest at least an HC-250 but HC-800 always preferable as it has some real power.

Thanks for help in testing.

David

All,

Thanks very much four the testing and feedback.

I have fixed severals issues with the SMTP and Movies drivers, most notably the ability to load the drivers onto an HC-250 controller or ARM based controllers such as the HC-300 etc. Latest bundle enclosed.

I would strongly recommend that these drivers only be loaded onto HC-250 or HC-800 systems as these are what I have to test with and also, in the case of the Movies driver, there is a sizeable impact on CPU performance so a beefy controller is needed.

Thank you

David

Driver Bundle.zip

Ok here is where I am at everything looks good and it appears to scan the movies but it does not import them into the controller.

FYI thanks for your work. I did not know you had to pay mymovies for this service so I am on the 21 day free trial.

It was because I did not have my movies pointing to the nas it was pointing to a mapped drive. All works well now. Because this is so processor intensive I would like to be able to put it on a scheduler to run at night or possible link it to a custom button to only run when needed. Also mine does not seem to import ratings 100% correctly, they are right in mymovies but about half are wrong in c4, not a big deal to me just a heads up.

Thanks for all you have done

Now to talk the wife into 100 buck for mymovie points...lol

It was because I did not have my movies pointing to the nas it was pointing to a mapped drive. All works well now. Because this is so processor intensive I would like to be able to put it on a scheduler to run at night or possible link it to a custom button to only run when needed. Also mine does not seem to import ratings 100% correctly, they are right in mymovies but about half are wrong in c4, not a big deal to me just a heads up.

Thanks for all you have done

Now to talk the wife into 100 buck for mymovie points...lol

Good news.

Once the initial import is done you should set the Auto Scan to say 1 to 2 minutes so that when anything in Mymovies changes it only updates the changes so you will not need to do full scans. 

I have mine set to 1 min and have not had to do a scan since the initial install.

The ratings should be based on the Country the movie is from, do you have an example of one that is incorrect?

Thank you

David

2 guns in my movies or rated r but in c4 it's nc17.

I will try the auto scan just did not know how much power it used in the background. Did not want to sacrifice speed on only a 250. On auto scan while it is scanning I lose all remote function. I see the need for a scheduler for people with a lessor controller.

With what kind of playback hardware does it work ? - only popcorn hour, dune etc... ?

or would/does the driver work with HTPC driver such as WMC XBMC or others (if available)?

The driver is designed to work along side the existing C4 media management so just helps get the correct meta-data in place.

The media player that you use can be any that is support by C4.

Thank you

David

2 guns in my movies or rated r but in c4 it's nc17.

I will try the auto scan just did not know how much power it used in the background. Did not want to sacrifice speed on only a 250. On auto scan while it is scanning I lose all remote function. I see the need for a scheduler for people with a lessor controller.

Problem should now be fixed but won't let me upload in this thread so have moved to Downloads section under Driver Bundle.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

I have fixed several issues in the MyMovies driver and the SMTP client. 

I have also changed the way the Command driver installs so all drivers now work and have been tested on HC-250, HC-800 and HC-300, HC-1000 controllers.

Thank you to everybody for the feedback which has help sort many of the problems.

Latest update attached.

David

Driver Bundle.zip

Archived