C4 Forums | Control4

David

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know if you need a pay version of MyMovies to use this driver? If so, how many "points" are required to get this driver to work?

2,500 points required, and yes...you need the full paid version. It's $100.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

So to make sure I got this right. I've got the Command.c4i installed in my theater room and I've got your mymovies driver installed in the theater room as well on my 800 running the latest OS.

I removed all EV MyMovies data and configured a new NFS pointing to the "movies" folder on my NAS. No username or password. -> Connected.

In your mymovies driver I inputted the NFS as the media file storage and set, it populates with the SMB://NAS/MOVIES folder

Put the MyMovies server IP address and API key in and it populates with my movies for media center data and version.

Set the scan to 2 and then without having C4 scan the NFS location for any movies hit force update.

The LUA shows it connect to my movies and it goes through the typical load:

Collecting details for movie: .................

Success :)

What I don't see is C4 populating the data.

If I go into the C4 my home app on my laptop here in the bedroom (where the Dune is at currently) and refresh it shows the TV and the Dune, but no movie data.

I tried to have C4 Scan the NFS under Media and then force the update again, but while it does bring up the movies option in C4 now, it's not populating the data with MyMovies info. Just the C4 supported Data.

Is there something I'm missing here?

So to make sure I got this right. I've got the Command.c4i installed in my theater room and I've got your mymovies driver installed in the theater room as well on my 800 running the latest OS.

I removed all EV MyMovies data and configured a new NFS pointing to the "movies" folder on my NAS. No username or password. -> Connected.

In your mymovies driver I inputted the NFS as the media file storage and set, it populates with the SMB://NAS/MOVIES folder

Put the MyMovies server IP address and API key in and it populates with my movies for media center data and version.

Set the scan to 2 and then without having C4 scan the NFS location for any movies hit force update.

The LUA shows it connect to my movies and it goes through the typical load:

Collecting details for movie: .................

Success :)

What I don't see is C4 populating the data.

If I go into the C4 my home app on my laptop here in the bedroom (where the Dune is at currently) and refresh it shows the TV and the Dune, but no movie data.

I tried to have C4 Scan the NFS under Media and then force the update again, but while it does bring up the movies option in C4 now, it's not populating the data with MyMovies info. Just the C4 supported Data.

Is there something I'm missing here?

The setup sounds correct.

The main reason that movies don't appear in the media is if there is no location path set in the MyMovies database for the movie or it is different from that NAS path. You can test this from internet Explorer with an example movie I'd by entering :-

http://MyMovies IP:51414/?command=GetTitlePlayOptionsForDune&id=ID&apikey=APIKEY

Where MyMovies IP is the IP address of your MyMovies server, ID is an id number for a movie in your database and APIKEY is your Apikey. I have included an example screenshot. The smb Path hould start with the same Path in your properties section on the driver.

What type of NFS server are you running?

I have not tested with MyMovies Media Center only the version for a PC.

Thanks

David

MyMovies.tiff

I'll have to check when I get home. At the office today.

What I can tell you is that mymovies media center is still mymovies for the PC. It just includes the ability to update WMC as well. It's all I've ever used up to recently.

The MyMovies management software is pointing the system to scan the NAS (a western digital EX4) at \\NAS\movies and \\NAS\TV. It's scanned the driver fine and populated all my data. After moving to the NAS this past week (from a server) I cleared my MyMovies database and started from scratch. Let it scan the folder and pull all the movie and TV data, ignoring all the content I still had on CD in its case so that only the digital content would be served up.

I configured the EV MyMovies driver initially and it was able to download and populate the metadata, but it just wouldn't push to the file to the DUNE because I wasn't running EV's dune driver to unencrypt the data.

Regarding the MyMovies driver, I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something I should've done from the start.  I previously had the EV MyMovies driver and when you released your driver (thank you so much by the way), I jettisoned EV.  When I initially set up the driver I removed the network storage driver from the project and created a new one.  For some reason, the Stonetree driver always told me there was nothing to update when I forced an update.  I tried multiple times removing drivers and reinstalling.

Well today, I thought I'd try again.  So I set up a new network storage driver in the project, changed the MyMovies driver property and forced an update.  Same thing.  One thing I noticed that I hadn't tried is setting the auto-scan variable to a number other than 0.  So I set that to 2.  At the same time, I did a clean of the MyMovies metadata.  I'm not sure if it was coincidence in timing or what, but as soon as I started the clean, I noticed the MyMovies driver started adding all of the movies.  After the clean, I did a metadata update and everything works great.

Regarding the MyMovies driver, I'm not sure if this is a bug or just something I should've done from the start.  I previously had the EV MyMovies driver and when you released your driver (thank you so much by the way), I jettisoned EV.  When I initially set up the driver I removed the network storage driver from the project and created a new one.  For some reason, the Stonetree driver always told me there was nothing to update when I forced an update.  I tried multiple times removing drivers and reinstalling.

Well today, I thought I'd try again.  So I set up a new network storage driver in the project, changed the MyMovies driver property and forced an update.  Same thing.  One thing I noticed that I hadn't tried is setting the auto-scan variable to a number other than 0.  So I set that to 2.  At the same time, I did a clean of the MyMovies metadata.  I'm not sure if it was coincidence in timing or what, but as soon as I started the clean, I noticed the MyMovies driver started adding all of the movies.  After the clean, I did a metadata update and everything works great.

When you did the clean, did you just just click clean and update of all the metadata or only specific sections? I cleaned my only the dune data last night i believe and updated from there. Perhaps I need to clean everything and let it relearn again.

When you did the clean, did you just just click clean and update of all the metadata or only specific sections? I cleaned my only the dune data last night i believe and updated from there. Perhaps I need to clean everything and let it relearn again.

I just did Dune.

I'm days away from releasing a new update that fixes some issues with MyMovies driver but none of which appear to be anything to do with the problems you guys have had.

How do you clean the MyMovies database? That does sound interesting as I found that updating MyMovies titles did seem to fix metadata which then allowed the import into C4 to work.

The biggest issue I had was the location path not being correct and I could see that from the GetTitlePlayOptionsForDune command.

Did you try that command direct from Internet Explorer?

Am working hard to get this right and also adding Plex Media support as well so thanks for all your help in testing.

Regards

David

I'm days away from releasing a new update that fixes some issues with MyMovies driver but none of which appear to be anything to do with the problems you guys have had.

How do you clean the MyMovies database? That does sound interesting as I found that updating MyMovies titles did seem to fix metadata which then allowed the import into C4 to work.

The biggest issue I had was the location path not being correct and I could see that from the GetTitlePlayOptionsForDune command.

Did you try that command direct from Internet Explorer?

Am working hard to get this right and also adding Plex Media support as well so thanks for all your help in testing.

Regards

David

Sure thing.  It's within MyMovies Collection Management under "Tools -> Options -> Meta Data Storage".  At the bottom of the screen is a "Clean" and "Update" function.  See attached screenshot (well hopefully the screenshot works).

o5aihy.png

Message to David, the OP'r.

Over here in Australia (now that Alan Chow has gone) we are starved of people who can write drivers that might be applicable to us. You may not know but for TV "format" we basically follow the UK, rather than the US because the tuner spectrum/frequency type used  is the pretty much the same. Cut along story short, the new Bush PVR's (with IP ipad control) "View21" have just hit our shores. Any chance of a driver for these?

that was it. updated it to smb and a force update, it scanned and started to update and add in all the new material. appears to be working now.

Good News.

Why we're you getting NFS? How did you change it to SMB? Can you send an exact example of the NFS path format? I could get the driver to look for both.

Thanks again.

David

Message to David, the OP'r.

Over here in Australia (now that Alan Chow has gone) we are starved of people who can write drivers that might be applicable to us. You may not know but for TV "format" we basically follow the UK, rather than the US because the tuner spectrum/frequency type used  is the pretty much the same. Cut along story short, the new Bush PVR's (with IP ipad control) "View21" have just hit our shores. Any chance of a driver for these?

Not sure about IP control but looks like a simple IR driver created through driver wizard would do the job?

What are you looking for from a driver for this device? We have them in the UK I believe.

Thanks

David

Good News.

Why we're you getting NFS? How did you change it to SMB? Can you send an exact example of the NFS path format? I could get the driver to look for both.

Thanks again.

David

In the config in the mymovies software (not driver) under meta data storage (see image link) it gives you the option to chose where you point the source from. You can choose SMB, NFS and a few other options. I had set it to NFS previously, then SMB with a user/pass then back to NFS.  What I noticed when I did your link to look up the path via website was that it was configured and pulling the data, but it wasn't matching exactly. Your path with SMB:// where mine was showing SMB://user:pass/NAS. So I went back and changed it to NFS and didn't get anywhere. So I went back again and changed it to SMB, but used no user/pass and THEN it finally matched 100% and started to update.

Configure-HDI-Dune-B.jpg

So based on what I understand of your driver so far, users need to do the following to make it work:

1) Install the command.c4i then install the mymovies.c4i drivers

2) Configure the mymovies client on the system to use smb with NO user/pass. (even configuring the NFS in C4 with a user pass, your driver didn't show the path to have a user/pass)

3) I'd recommend cleaning and updating the folder as well when you make these changes in my movies meta data. I cleared for everything (covers, media center, dune) then updated the folder.

4) Configure the NFS in C4 to point to the source of your movies

5) Configure your mymovies driver to point to the NFS, the mymovies server and the key

6) Clear your C4 Media library and then do a force update on the driver

7) let it populate all your data

8) Test it!

Ah, snap!  troyfreeze you helped me figure out what I was doing wrong.  It was the user/pass.  David, is it possible to put in support for authentication?

Ah, snap!  troyfreeze you helped me figure out what I was doing wrong.  It was the user/pass.  David, is it possible to put in support for authentication?

Guys,

Thanks for all this. I'll look at the location path options and username/password authentication for the share.

Glad it's working.

Thanks

David

Archived