C4 Forums | Control4

Looking for Dealer in SoFla or Remote Dealer - must be used to working with diy'ers

Roy N

Hi Guys,

We are used to working with automation systems and have installed several systems, but not C4.  We would like to install C4 in one or 2 installs.  In future even interfacing with the vantage for lighting.

It is for our own use but we are very technically oriented and into diy.

Looking for a dealer to sell the hardware as well do the initial remote setup.  If there is a local dealer we may elect to have them do the initial HW install for us (or not).

Initially we would be doing 2 rooms, only IP control + IR for audio and video (with Sonos + MyMovies control + tv + receiver in one area, playbar in other), IP cams.  But upon success of the first PoC it would grow to about 10-16 rooms A/V, then lighting (maybe with C4 or with C4 controlling vantage via IP).    If it works out, then we would extend it to another home.

If anyone is interested please reply with contact info or message me.  We'd like to get this going ASAP.  

Best rgds!

Seems like the system he is talking about has decent complexity to it.  Not all C4 dealers are going to be able to integrate everything seamlessly.  Roy i sent you a pm earlier FYI.  Forgot to mention i have integrated sonos with the Extra Veg app over a dozen times.  

Some dealers are dumb. One day I find myself needing a RJ45-MDB9 adapter. I knew of a place close by my office that sells Control4, and had been around for years. From their marketing they claimed to be home theater experts, but also do a lot of whole home automation. They had never heard of the adapter I was talking about, and claimed they had never used RS232 to control a component... they just created IR drivers for EVERYTHING.

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Thanks to all who replied, I will contact all and make a choice asap.

I tried contacting a couple of local dealers but they didnt seem used to/interested in a cross-system integration with vantage nor did they seem interested in working with a more DIY scenario...  So although it does look simple enough, it was not :)  Thanks for the answers though and for the PMs I think we will now find the right dealer!

sounded pretty basic to me.........but again, looking up a local dealer who is available onsite might be in their best interest

Some dealers are so picky about the work they take on, I've got one I've tried to use in the past, first they were too busy, then they told C4 they wanted to be a rescue dealer, but turns out they were picky about what they wanted to rescue.  Gets a little irritating to waste time with stuff like that.  So don't blame people for not wanting to cold call.

I dont understand how some dealers can be so selective in their work. We take every customer as an opportunity, I have found that no matter the job big or small the customer feed back and relations are so much more important. And hey on the flip side I have had numerous basic installations turn into major installations for the entire home and what we hope a life long customer. So to any one out there not able to find what they need give us a call and we will be there in any capacity we can. 

Archived