C4 Forums | Control4

HELP!

We lost power in our home a couple of days ago. At that point an hc200 that was in our bedroom wouldn't connect to wireless.

Tonight I was attempting to get the unit reconnected. The system couldn't seem to see the controller so I decided to delete it and add like starting from new. This method worked once before.

In the process composer froze and now my project isn't listed on the directors list at all. Upon power cycling our main hc500 data light blinks for a bit and then goes dark. Please help I have no clue what to do and the system is completely down.

If you don't have composer the easiest and best way it to log I to your router and set up a dhcp reservation. Then when the router sees the MAC address of the controller it will automatically force it to take the .3 address.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Director keeps crashing and system manages says this in output:

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold

| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed

|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)

I have access to composer but it won't even recognize a client.

I tried using an ip reservation and power recycling the controller but it still takes the .10 ip.

Any other advice? Contacting the dealer soon.

You will likely need to power cycle the HC200 and the router (or whatever is managing your DHCP reservations) and look for the option on the router to release / renew IP leases.

Yes. I've tried several times to enable director. The HC500 will connect briefly but then director crashes. I get the message mentioned above. I'll post again below.

I've been trying to contact my dealer. Appears the phones are down.

Desired=Unknown/Install/Remove/Purge/Hold

| Status=Not/Installed/Config-files/Unpacked/Failed-config/Half-installed

|/ Err?=(none)/Hold/Reinst-required/X=both-problems (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)

Archived