C4 Forums | Control4

Yale Lock Issue

I've got an issue where when I reboot the system, the Yale lever lock I have no loner responds to commands or communicate with the system. I have to leave the mesh and rejoin. I don't reboot hardly ever so this isn't a huge deal, but this past week we had a power outage and twice that I had to reboot/power down due to change I was making. It's really bugging me.

Any ideas what could be causing this? Is it the fact that my zigbee channel is set to auto? Is it changing when it reboots and the Yale lock doesn't get the message?

Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

How long do you wait after a reboot? Mine takes a good 30 minutes to come online after a reboot. You could force the lock to wake up by manually locking/unlocking the door. 

I finally re-identified it today - I last rebooted the system on Thursday.  I figured 4 days was enough time.

Manually locking/unlocking the door doesn't spur anything on, I've tried that. We use the lock all the time.

I've seen the kwickset ones take awhile to come back online but the yale locks have been pretty quick for me. Is there a firmware update available for the lock?

Nope. Latest firmware. My Kwikset locks come on immediately. It's just this one that requires me to manual re-identify it every time.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope. Latest firmware. My Kwikset locks come on immediately. It's just this one that requires me to manual re-identify it every time. Sent from my Droid MAXX via Tapatalk.

Are you using the latest driver?  They had an update come out sometime end of last year (1.0.2.6).  That fixed a lot of quirky issues for me.  Also, you may want to try doing a fully factory reset on the lock. 

It was a defective lock. Yale looked at the video and recognized that immediately. Sent me a new lock that works great.

Great, glad they got you fixed up.  On that note, I've had good experience with Yale/Assa Abloy.  After waiting for months for my dealer to get back to me on a lock that wouldn't take a firmware upgrade, I decided to call Yale directly.  They identified the issue in about 15 seconds and 3 days later I had a replacement Zigbee module at no charge and no requirement to ship back the defective one.

Very happy with Yale so far. 

Archived