C4 Forums | Control4

Whole System Down Please Help!!

I had a power surge today, my router is toast, and my whole Control4 system is down. I have installed new router, power cycled everything, held down identify buttons, with no luck in getting the system up and running. I have 3 HC-300's and an HC-1000. The Power and Link lights are on on both 1000 and 300's. The switch is working, I have tried new cables, internet lights are blinking on all machines. I don't know if I need to reset IP addresses on machines or what to do. I feel if I don't have this fixed soon, I'll be permanently on the couch. Please help.

I would think that it did. I power cycled everything again a few times today, even trying unplugging HC1000 and holding identify, hoping it would maybe reset to read the network. The switch is good, router is good.

I had a guy that's helped me some before log in and he could see that I had a wrong project loaded. I can view my 1000 on composer ME, but nothing else shows up. I'm thinking I need home edition composer to be able to load a backed up earlier project?

Thanks for help

Uhm, you had someone connect to the system at this point and it has the wrong project?

It seems likely that your equipment has set static IP adresses, and your old router was on a different range. If you knwo what that was, you could set the new router to the same, if not you can do a network reset:

Unplug power

Hold down Link\ID\Identify button

Plug in

Hold link\ID button until Data and Link lights come on solid together (they will only be in this state for a couple of seconds). Let go before those lights turn off

Yeah wrong project. Makes no sense to me. I hadn't touched it at all, until it killed completely last night. I have tried the network reset with no result. I have my new router set to dhcp as opposed to static. I'm not sure on my last router, but I believe it was static, that could def explain why system won't like to new router?

You don't set the router to static, you set devices connected to it to static - if they were and on a different range, it will cause problems as it can't connect to devices that are getting a DHCP adress fro, the router, on the other hand they remain capable of talking to each other at least (which may be why you see the LINK coming up).

If this other person was able to connect to it however - that likely isn't the issue.

You may have accidentally triggered and image recovery/swap on the controller, that could explain having a different project on the controller.

Archived