C4 Forums | Control4

How to assign a navigator button to play a song?

For a bedroom scene, I'd like to have a whitenoise MP3 song play and repeat in a loop whenever a button is pressed on a touch navigator.

What's a good technique for creating a button that maps to a specific song stored on a USB stick attached to an HC-800?

I'd like the button to be a toggle so that tapping it starts that song playing in that room and tapping again stops it.

Thanks for any tips,

Rick

I think you could just load the whitenoise onto a USB stick, and plug it into the back of your controller. It should populate under LISTEN->My Music. You could then create a timer that will start when the 'song' starts, countdown for however the 'song' is, then when it's over, program it to PLAY the 'song' again before restart the timer.

Might be an easier way than this, but that's all I can think of, short of maybe creating an announcement and binding PLAY to a button under every device...

I have my system set up to do this, it is awesome, however, the controller can be unreliable playing something like this. mine often turn off after 4 to 5 hours, which is annoying if you are using it for background noise while you sleep.

however, best bet is too use a hardbutton on a keypad. to start a playlist, then have the playlist repeat, which can be done using the touchscreen.  this setting is persistant so you only have to do it one.

mine has one tap to start, three taps to stop.

We use a sensor, which is programmed to turn the lights on and fade away after 5 mins and plays wave music from Napster (Rhapsody)

However if you do not have any sensors I would you a schedule  pick a time to start playing the music 10pm and turn it off when you wish. 

Simples

I just programmed the button to play and repeat a playlist on Sonos. In this case the playlist is one title. In the morning my wake up turns off the music, turns on the TV, fires up the bathroom lighting and fans for my shower etc.

Archived