C4 Forums | Control4

New GE bulbs and app

And are they dimmable? Does anyone have recommendations on LED bulbs that are dimmable? Amazon has listings for several types of MR16s that sell for less than $10 per bulb but I want to make sure that I get something that looks good, gives off a nice light and is dimmable.

And are they dimmable? Does anyone have recommendations on LED bulbs that are dimmable? Amazon has listings for several types of MR16s that sell for less than $10 per bulb but I want to make sure that I get something that looks good, gives off a nice light and is dimmable.

The A19 Bulbs are: 

• A19: 12 Watt/60 Watt replacement, 800 lumens
  • Soft white, indoor light bulb dimmable via the Wink application
  • Lasts 22.8 years, estimated energy cost $1.45/year
  • Zigbee-compatible hub required to connect
  • A19

I have the regular C4 dimmers and they work on every phillips bulb I've tried. Everything from floods to candelabras.

• 2 months later...

I just got two of these up and running. Make sure you let your Wink hub update to the latest software version before linking up the bulbs. I didn't do this and ended up with a few problems. After updating the hub, resetting the bulbs and linking again they have been working well for a couple days now.

I just got two of these up and running. Make sure you let your Wink hub update to the latest software version before linking up the bulbs. I didn't do this and ended up with a few problems. After updating the hub, resetting the bulbs and linking again they have been working well for a couple days now.

With your driver?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Asking this late because of Phil's integration with C4 of this product: so if you already have C4 lighting everywhere in your house, this is a non-starter right?  This would be to replace C4 lighting control with must less expensive Wink-enabled lighting correct?  What am I missing?

Im not sure how to pair these directly with the controller, but if somebody can tell me which driver to use I'll give it a go. You would still need the hub for z-wave though. My driver may also work with the other supported wink lights such as the Connected by TCP system. If anybody owns these and uses the driver if be interested in hearing back.

No idea, but I've paired the bulbs with other Zigbee hubs other than wink (Hue and SmartThings), so I know they follow the HA dimmer profile.  Just need to find a generic zigbee dimmer HA driver, I guess, then they would ID the same way as anything else.

Go into composer, connections, after the driver is installed, open it up and turn on the light, it should join.  If not, reset the bulb, 3 on/off toggles of the bulb with 3 second delays until it flashes twice and dims...  Then it is in pairing mode.

For a $15 bulb they are quite good, work well, but put out a ton of heat.

Archived