C4 Forums | Control4

Motion Sensor : Axxess

Let me start off by saying I have bought the following Axxess products:

Motion Sensor

Door bell

Relay and IO Extender

My experience of them:

Hardware:

Whilst this is an excellent product there are little things that can be improved on from quality perspect for it to be a premium product. The example I would like to use is they are a Samsung galaxy phone right now instead of being an iPhone (from a hardware perspective - not features). Example the casing is brilliant, however the contacts for the batteries are very finicky and that comes from the soldering on the PC board being a little to small so any bump or movement and the battery unseats ...

Software:

This is where the kit actually shines, the drivers are BRILLIANT allowing granular control, programming and debugging. It would be a simple pleasure if all the C4 products had drivers like this.

My Question today though comes from the Wireless Motion Sensor MS-C4ZB-11 – Motion : Temperature : Humidity.

I have the motion sensor working really well and can program via Composer. The question I have is that I would like to show temperature and humidity through my navigators. I have been reading and watched the video here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=FEbiCGp4ATg which describes the programming. However I have a question – in this video they bind the Temperature and Humidity sensors on the Motion Sensor to a C4 Thermostat already in a project. Whilst this make sense so that it shows in the navigators in Control4, I don’t have thermostats in my house. I have tried adding a thermostat and obviously cannot connect the thermostat in Composer as I do not have one.  When trying to connect the motion sensor temperature and / or humidity to that thermostat it does not appear on the list of thermostat’s.

Is there any other way to connect to a thermostat or is there a pass through thermostat driver one can find that does not require a connection to an actual thermostat. This would greatly help for the 80% of clients that simply want to display temperature and humidity but do not have thermostats.

Thanking you!
Carlos

• 2 weeks later...

We use the these are must agree they are great. 

We had AK add all the drivers 

+1 on AK1 and his partner, had them installed for me before I even returned home. same day : )

How are you guys finding the humidity control,  works well ? 

ie: if used to turn on /off a fan for instance..

Archived