C4 Forums | Control4

whats this 1.3.438 update all about?

ooo found this in the relase notes...

TCP/IP support in drivers? oh boy.. now im getting interested. FINALLY!

---------------------------------------------------------

With the 1.3.2.438 release, we have added 2-way drivers for the following

devices:

o Denon AVR-3808CI Receiver (Serial and TCP/IP)

o BK Components CT300.3, CT600.1, and CT600.3 Amplifiers (Serial and

TCP/IP)

o BK High Definition Video Switcher (Serial and TCP/IP)

o Sony DA3300ES Receiver (Serial)

Is your Composer up to the latest version?

The .c4i files for the new devices (the HC-500 and the IP-controlled B&K gear) are installed only on the latest Composer install.

You can upgrade your controller, and not see the new devices because Composer is out of date.

RyanE

Is your Composer up to the latest version?

The .c4i files for the new devices (the HC-500 and the IP-controlled B&K gear) are installed only on the latest Composer install.

You can upgrade your controller, and not see the new devices because Composer is out of date.

RyanE

yeah latest composer... upgraded both ends... weird...

not sure what the restore to defaults would do for me...

Can you let me know the procedure for software updates? Are they pushed to the system by Control4 remotely or are dealers responsible (and accountable) for updating all the hardware on their clients equipment when updates are released?

can sombody give me an idea of what im looking for? All i see is 4 default drivers in there.. even after doing the "restore defaults"... they both say {two-way} but are serial. the denon 3803ci the 2803... i dont see the new b&K ones either. Does it actually say {tcp/ip}?

maybe a screenshot?

also even in virtual director it wont show...

Can you let me know the procedure for software updates? Are they pushed to the system by Control4 remotely or are dealers responsible (and accountable) for updating all the hardware on their clients equipment when updates are released?

The dealers are ultimately responsible... if you subscribed to 4sight (the remote login service from control4) they may be able to do it via internet w/o a visit.

depends what u need... Fro example going from 1.25 to 1.3 will most likely require a programmer to babysit the process.

IP Driver creation on the way?!?! It's already there... been there since v1.0. Do you mean for Serial? That too is there already... been there since 1.1 I believe. UNLESS - you're talking 2-way serial... and that "IS" on the way... but will require that you know how to PROGRAM (and no - not drag and drop).

Another question related to .438.... My dealer showed me a copy of the release notes and it mentioned an "Easy Importer Utility" that was included only with the HC-500 and HC-1000. Is this something new or has it existed all along? Is this related to media or something else? What does it do?

I think slemay meant *IR* and Serial. There has been no capability for creating IP (TCP/IP or UDP/IP) drivers, one-way or two-way.

Easy Importer is a new product that ships with the HC-1000 and HC-500, that imports CDs into the controller seamlessly. That is, the end user pops in a CD, verifies that it's identification is right, and hits a button. The CD is ripped and encoded on the fly, and put onto the controller. No need for a media scan afterwards.

It works with any controller, but is only shipped with the 500 or 1000.

It will be available for purchase if you are not purchasing an HC-500 or HC-1000, but is not quite ready yet (packaging, etc.). I don't know the end-user cost, but it should be fairly reasonable.

RyanE

Archived