C4 Forums | Control4

Wink Driver Pack

phileaton

I was hoping to check this out but I keep getting the 404 from the link to the driver, Is it still available. 

Sorry. I was doing some security updates to the website and I think it broke the link. Try is again. If it doesn't work email me and I will send you the driver. 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool thanks! I have downloaded the drivers and placed them in the Control4 driver folder but the search in composer does not find them. Any suggestions? I have tried with 2.5.3 and 2.6 if that would matter.

So far this Wink has been a nightmare. Hours of messing with it and I have yet to connect a light to the hub.

Will, the drivers should show up in search if you type "wink" and press enter. Did you get them to show up?

The documentation is definitely sparse on the hub and bulbs and I had trouble figuring out how to link things. Which light bulbs are you adding? Z-wave or the GE bulbs? If z-wave, try plugging the hub in near the switch before entering pairing mode. Most z-wave devices I have worked with need to be very close to pair. If using the GE bulbs, you can find an install guide on GE's site here http://gelinkbulbs.com/downloads/GELinkInstallGuide.pdf.

The GE bulbs should blink briefly once pairing completes. I had some problems pairing the GE bulbs that I resolved by letting the Wink hub update to the latest software version, removing the bulbs, resetting them and finally pairing again. The directions for resetting the bulbs from the install guide are as follows:

Note: If the light bulb does not flash, you may need to reset it. Turn off the light 
and wait 3 seconds. Turn on the light and wait 3 seconds. Repeat turning the 
light off and on (approximately 5 times) until the bulb flashes once. As soon as it 
flashes once, it is reset. 

I hope this helps. 

Thanks for all the help Phil.

So, I have made it through what should be the addressing phase. The bulb (GE) will flash 3 times the hub goes back to solid blue and then after a few seconds the bulb dims mostly off and back on.  After about a minute the app tells me "uh oh adding the ge bulb failed"( I am paraphrasing there) and the options to try again or help. I have tried resetting everything multiple times with the same results.

Also I still have not been able to find the drivers in the composer search. I will try to down load them again.

(update) I did get the drivers installed and they seem to work. Still no luck with the ge bulbs.

Thanks for all the help Phil.

So, I have made it through what should be the addressing phase. The bulb (GE) will flash 3 times the hub goes back to solid blue and then after a few seconds the bulb dims mostly off and back on.  After about a minute the app tells me "uh oh adding the ge bulb failed"( I am paraphrasing there) and the options to try again or help. I have tried resetting everything multiple times with the same results.

Also I still have not been able to find the drivers in the composer search. I will try to down load them again.

(update) I did get the drivers installed and they seem to work. Still no luck with the ge bulbs.

Are you using an iPhone with ios 8?  App on android seems more stable...

So the Wink hub was not working quite right. Bad zigbee chip. I got a new one today and am up and running. phileaton your driver is working so far. Using My control4 to control the GE bulbs through the Wink bogs down my controler but I am only using a 300. I know I need to upgrade to at least a 250. I am assuming my trouble now is the old 300. The Spotter sound and motion sensors are not even close to being sensitive enough for any practical purposes. I do like the everything else so far.

I am just going to keep posting updates here as I  move through my experiments. LOL

So the Wink hub was not working quite right. Bad zigbee chip. I got a new one today and am up and running. phileaton your driver is working so far. Using My control4 to control the GE bulbs through the Wink bogs down my controler but I am only using a 300. I know I need to upgrade to at least a 250. I am assuming my trouble now is the old 300. The Spotter sound and motion sensors are not even close to being sensitive enough for any practical purposes. I do like the everything else so far.

I am just going to keep posting updates here as I  move through my experiments. LOL

Glad you got the hardware working. I am currently testing an update that uses push updates from the sensors rather than polling. The speed of notifications is on the order of seconds as opposed to near a minute with the current version. The sensors will be much more useful with this. Unfortunately, its going to need OS 2.6 and anything less than an HC-250 won't run 2.6. You can still keep using this version though. 

• 3 weeks later...

picked up the wink hub and two ge light bulbs for 41 bucks!  Home Depot still had sign up for the hub at .99 cents if you buy two products...score!  Also picked up the refuel for 5 bucks!  Too bad its all complete garbage.  Their servers are down a lot, it's very slow and the damn blue light on the hub is too bright!  But I'm keeping the hub and seeing what hacks are out there.  

hooked up the refuel on the weekend, appears to only report changes in fuel level when I move the transmitter module and wake it up? tried leaving it for over an hour. is this normal or did I miss a setting somewhere to set poll interval? thanks.

my refuel is spotty at best.  One minute it shows full, the next time it shows the correct amount.  I do have to give them credit for the CS they have.  I've called a couple times and they don't always know answers, but get you to people who do.  They have followed up with me every time.  Too bad, the hardware/software isn't up to speed yet.

hooked up the refuel on the weekend, appears to only report changes in fuel level when I move the transmitter module and wake it up? tried leaving it for over an hour. is this normal or did I miss a setting somewhere to set poll interval? thanks.

The driver currently uses polling to get the status of the refuel. The polling interval on the refuel is 60 min. I didn't include an option to change the polling interval since the refuel since the level shouldn't change very often. The update I am working on will remove this limitation and will get push updates as soon as the level changes.

my refuel is spotty at best.  One minute it shows full, the next time it shows the correct amount.  I do have to give them credit for the CS they have.  I've called a couple times and they don't always know answers, but get you to people who do.  They have followed up with me every time.  Too bad, the hardware/software isn't up to speed yet.

Another reason I decided not to have it poll more frequently is there does seem to be some variation between polling requests. The wink app only displays in increments of 1/4 th of a tank. I have been assuming the measurements are probably more of estimates to within plus or minus an eighth of a tank or so.  

I agree - the latency with the bulbs is a killer....

The driver update I mentioned will help the latency in displaying the status up bulbs. The problem with turning the bulbs off and on is that the driver has to go out and hit the web API, the API has to hit the wink hub, and the hub has to turn on the bulb. I was digging around in the hub a little and there is a very primitive local web interface on it. It appears they are working on the ability to set device status directly on the hub. If this happens, it will greatly reduce latency. 

The driver currently uses polling to get the status of the refuel. The polling interval on the refuel is 60 min. I didn't include an option to change the polling interval since the refuel since the level shouldn't change very often. The update I am working on will remove this limitation and will get push updates as soon as the level changes.

Another reason I decided not to have it poll more frequently is there does seem to be some variation between polling requests. The wink app only displays in increments of 1/4 th of a tank. I have been assuming the measurements are probably more of estimates to within plus or minus an eighth of a tank or so.

The driver update I mentioned will help the latency in displaying the status up bulbs. The problem with turning the bulbs off and on is that the driver has to go out and hit the web API, the API has to hit the wink hub, and the hub has to turn on the bulb. I was digging around in the hub a little and there is a very primitive local web interface on it. It appears they are working on the ability to set device status directly on the hub. If this happens, it will greatly reduce latency.

Very cool! The latency I am talking about is w the native app. I haven't used your driver yet

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Personally, I'd be afraid to mess with the poll interval too much.  Its not a mesh connection, its straight Wifi.  The batteries are only supposed to last one cooking season as is.

• 1 month later...

Is there a way to have the garage door open AMD close control to show up on touchscreens? I can see the doors under sensors under security but wondering if you can control them

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

you should be able to just tap the sensor to control

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

So in regards to the driver for the MyQ Gateway here. I've imported the Wink API and the Garage door driver into composer pro. Linked the API to my wink account and then had the garage door driver poll the devices. It finds the ID of my door and then I put the account info and ID in the properties field. Refresh navigators and went to test it.

I'm also testing the houselogix driver at the same time to see which works better for my needs.

With the both drivers I see the garage door as being closed. If I tap the wink door sensor, nothing happens. I gave it some time since i saw latency was mentioned, but after two minutes nothing.

I tried the houselogix driver and the door opened up right away. Both the wink and the houselogix sensor then showed the door opened. I tapped the wink driver again and still nothing. Tapped the houselogix driver and it closed.

Hoping someone can provide some advice on what I'm missing here?

I sent you a message with a few things to check. Another thing I thought of is Having both drivers installed simultaneously may cause problems. Ive never tried it. You will definitely need a separate copy of the garage door relay/contact for each driver so you system should show two in the gui. Also make sure both the relay and contact connections are going to the appropriate driver.

• 1 month later...

Archived