C4 Forums | Control4

Mymovies driver (free) from EV and using mac with parallels

Im having a hard time setting up the driver for my movies.  Its the one from Extra Vegtables that is now free.  It is on my system, but when I add the API from mymovies, and then the computer ip address nothing happens.  I am running my movies 5, and did send them an email to register my edition if that makes any difference.  The ip address is confusing me a little too.  There are 2, one for the mac and another under windows settings that is different.  Which do I use?  Anyone else have this problem.  Its driving me nuts.  I have been using a regular windows pc and not the EV driver and it worked great until I got rid of that old computer and am now running 2.5.0 on mac via parallels.

Jeff

I have had MyMovies working under Parallels on Mac in the past.

Make sure your Parallels is using Bridged and not Shared networking and the Bridged IP address on the Windows side is static.  And of course check for the usual Windows culprits - try disabling Windows Firewall entirely for testing purposes

To test this from a different computer, point a browser on the other computer at http://192.168.1.1:51414 where 192.168.1.1 is the IP address of your Parallels Windows machine. 

Archived