C4 Forums | Control4

Help! Changed Wireless Router

Had wireless Internet connection problems and found that it was the router so replaced it. Wireless internet is now working but Control 4 apps are not recognizing. Is there a way to update the wireless connection on the main Control 4 system? We tried changing the IP address on the apps but that didn't work! We are so NOT tech savvy and this is very aggravating! Of course it's after hours so can't get a technician. Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated and please give answers for the simple minded!

I am not a C4 dealer but you need a dealer if you are doing to change out something as important and central to your network as a router. You probably have a completely new set of IP addresses and need to have your dealer reconfigure everything for the new LAN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am not a C4 dealer but you need a dealer if you are doing to change out something as important and central to your network as a router. You probably have a completely new set of IP addresses and need to have your dealer reconfigure everything for the new LAN.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To expand on the above. Your old router likely had a full dhcp reservation table. The New one needs to be educaTed with same.

Also if you have changed WiFi ap Id and password that is a mess.

Keeping both these things correct a router swap can be seamless.

Thanks for the responses! By Control 4 apps, I meant the apps on iPad, iPhone, which we could change the IP address on but couldn't change the network. Tried to change the name and password of the new router (airport extreme) to be the same as the old (Netgear) but couldn't figure out how and not sure that would solve the problem. Can only a C4 dealer hook up to the HC 300 and make changes? Again, thanks so much for taking the time to answer!

• 2 weeks later...

Apple defaults to 10.0.0.x ip scheme

Netgear 192.168.1.x

Assuming your system was setup with static ips...change the apple DHCP to use what the netgear used

If your system was setup with reserved ips in the router, get help.

Plug in the netgear, connect to it like you used to and confirm the IP range it gives you.

Unplug

Look at the last 3 digits, if its 192.168.1.102, you can assume your router starts at 100, if its 192.168.1.4, you can assume it starts at 2

Access the airport, change it's dhcp range to match what the netgear showed you.

Archived