C4 Forums | Control4

HC300 forgetting the TV is off?

ok, here's an odd problem I haven't been able to resolve. I'm still pretty new to C4, but I've gone through all the programming and device settings a few times and can't see anything that might cause this.

Here's my system I'm testing with (very simple - can post project if necessary):

* Pioneer Kuro 42"

* a fake cable tuner to provide cable input to the display

* HC300

* Sony 777ES

* Wireless thermostat

Problem:

sometimes when turning "on" the system using the "4" button on the remote, the HC300 acts like things are out of sync and the HC300 Navigator doesn't come up on the TV, it goes directly to the cable tuner instead and the remote is not responsive to cable commands since it thinks it's in Navigator mode. So I have to use the menu on the remote to select the TV->Cable TV input (then switch it back to antenna A since manually selecting it switched it to the other cable input-> I need a discrete IR command for cable A input!)

It's always turned off using the OFF button on the V2 remote. I've thought about using a video sense loop to avoid this, but the Kuro doesn't have any video out plugs.

Is it possible that I need to program a longer delay on the wait timer before sending the input switch command?

Any thoughts or tricks that might help avoid this sync issue?

thanks!

-Richard

You could try a delay either before or after the input code. I had a Sharp 92 series that was pretty finicky with some sources. After changing the delay just a little bit, it has become rock solid.

Even though the Kuro's are a great TV, this is why we only install TV's with discrete codes for everything, including the cable input. I'm sure there has to be a discrete or a simple macro for the cable input. Pioneer is usually pretty good with discretes.

The problem is that Control4 is outputting the "change to input x" before the TV is ready to listen. The same thing would happen if you turned your TV on and pressed a Video Input before it was ready. What you need to do is edit the driver and increase the "How long after the power on command is issued, should subsiquent control commands be delayed?" by a few more seconds. Just right-click on your TV in System Design and click edit driver and its on the first page.

Archived