C4 Forums | Control4

Broadcast Voice Over Whole House Audio

ScubaNuke

It's a workaround very simple! You can use a Grandstream IP Cam some of them have SIP Phone Integrated also have the capability to control and ON/OFF Circuit that you can connect to any of the 800 or 250. You can call in to the IP Cam dial a password and that circuit can be ON or OFF for a certain amount of time. When that event it's triggered the Relay can pass the voice call from the cam to the audio out to the ZONE AMP or Matrix Audio!  

I haven't written an announcement yet but I have just updated this to do just what you want.

http://www.chowmain.co.nz/advanced-announcements

Control4 PA system with no extra hardware. Works with control4 controllers and sonos.

Can you elaborate on how this would work? Do you Invision him sending the system an email and having it read out loud? Or am I missing something. I too would to be able to use my phone as a PA. Check what zones to broadcast on and start talking.

Live broadcast audio trick! 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5ue39nua4ji9zpx/circuit.png?dl=0

Grandstream IP Camera GXV3611 cost from 90 to 120.00 USD & Extravegetables have and IP Driver for it.

1. Connect the output audio for the IP Cam to our Matrix Audio Switch or AMP

2. You need a SIP Ext or SIP DID Number. If is locally you can use a Internal PBX like 3CX or Asterisk. If is remote you will need a SIP DID Account you can get that cheap.

3. The option of SIP open door settings in the IP cam need to be configured with a password so when you call to the IP CAM 1-808-xxx-xxxx enter the password that will open de relay circuit that the IP Cam have for X or Y amount of seconds that you predifine

4. Connect the IP Cam Relay to your C4 Controller. So when it's on will broadcast the audio entering by the SIP Phone call to your camera entering in the output of the IP cam (RCA) that it's connected to your AMP or Audio Switch. You can broadcast audio for all your house for the X or Y amount of seconds that you predifine in the IP Cam. 

Also if some one it's in front of the camera can speak to you back... 

Thanks for the replies Cyknight, alanchow, prpatrol, Gene and DanH.  prpatrol, the IP camera idea would work, but seems expensive and rather elaborate.  alanchow, the indirect process of capturing voice to a WAV file and then broadcasting the announcement may be useful for other purposes, but seem kludgy for a real-time broadcast.  I was thinking of something like adapting a Lavalier Wireless microphone/receiver as an input to the Sonos.  Another approach may be to use the "WO Mic" or similar app on the Play Store that has WiFi connectivity to a PC or other receiver as input to the Sonos.  Just brainstorming.  Thanks all for your interest.

Thanks for the replies Cyknight, alanchow, prpatrol, Gene and DanH. prpatrol, the IP camera idea would work, but seems expensive and rather elaborate. alanchow, the indirect process of capturing voice to a WAV file and then broadcasting the announcement may be useful for other purposes, but seem kludgy for a real-time broadcast. I was thinking of something like adapting a Lavalier Wireless microphone/receiver as an input to the Sonos. Another approach may be to use the "WO Mic" or similar app on the Play Store that has WiFi connectivity to a PC or other receiver as input to the Sonos. Just brainstorming. Thanks all for your interest.

Our solution is actually pretty easy to use.

Visit the webpage.

Press the record button. Speak. Press the same button again and presto it plays through the speakers.

No extra hardware.

The driver is free to try for 48 hours so give it a shot and see if you like it. It you don't you don't lose anything.

• 5 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.