C4 Forums | Control4

HC-800 won't connect to the director

I need some help on how to fix my c4 system. All of a sudden my hc-800 won't connect to the director. I have tried power cycling the unit a few times with no luck. The unit act as if its booting up ok then the screen just goes black. I've have several switches between the unit, I have removed all the switches so It was straight connection between the router and the hc-800 still with no luck. I have noticed when the unit goes through its boot up cycle is does say "(no ip available)".  Any ideas on what could be going on or how to fix it would be appreciate. I was also wondering if I do a system reset does it reset the unit back to how it was shipped or does reset the unit with latest software? If I did that could I just load the project I have save on my computer? Thanks for any help on this matter.

A factory rest (using the reset button) will clear the controller and put it back to whatever software was loaded at the factory. Yes you could load a backed up project at that point, though a software upgrade afterwards would have to be done (oh and a system register).

Is this the main controller? Are there other controllers? This is rather important to understand the issue - no ip could be a network issue, but if it's the main controller (AND it's intended to be running on-screen for that room) is should work regardless. It's not uncommon to show no ip on startup however, as the software may start loading before it has a chance to connect to your router and get an IP from it.

Can you control ANYTHING at this point at all, is it just on-screen not working?

Yes. This is the main controller. I do have two other controllers (hc-250's). None of the controller are online. I did have network have problem. But that has been fix and the control4 was working after the network was fixed. The network is working fine now and all of the other networking using devices are working fine, the control 4 units at the only units not working.

• 1 month later...

Archived