C4 Forums | Control4

Delay for chime and doorstations

Hey there

I am programming a system that has an XMAS party tomorrow and the doorstation will not trigger the doorbell sound we've put in on the speakers. Which means there is no sound in the house. We need to wait about 10-15 seconds for the 2 8 zone amps and 16x16 matrix to kick in then if you press it again it will work.

I dont want to jsut program a long delay as that is way to long. Can I set the amp and switch to jsut be on all the time so that it will be more responsive. If so where do I find this?

Thanks

nick

Nick

I am going thru something very similar now.  First I had to wire my C4 amp to my HC-800 contacts/relays.  That solved some but not all of the problem.  So now I am getting instructions on how to wire my amp so its always on.

I believe the issue is the C4 amps are "off" and need sound to turn on and that can take a few seconds.

So its a multi step approach and I think you may need Composer Pro to make the bindings at least in the first step so you may want to contact your dealer unless others have other ideas.

What I would do is set the amp to be always on.  If these are the non matrix amps, just run a wire from +5 to IN.  The issue is that the audio sensing doesn't always kick on in time for the announcement.  I'd consult your dealer first though, this should be used when no other options are available.

amp%20loop%20edited.jpg

This is a a problem I have had with all announcements. For the door bell I have the chime on the audio zones ring twice and if the amp is already powered up you get 2 chimes otherwise by the time it powers up you just get the last one. It works ok but is not in sync with he touch screens

For other announcements I create each announcement files with a short chime at the start (I use the windows short ding) which is enough to power the amp and delay the announcement so it doesn't get clipped. If the amp is powered the chime at the start sounds like it should sorta be there.

I have considered leaving the amps powered up but my environmental footprint is already large enough!!

Archived