C4 Forums | Control4

Panasonic adding SDDP to new 4k sets

eggzlot

Can we please avoid the word plasma? Make me very sad that they are gone and I can't get my hands on a Samsung F8500 anymore

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry, how's this:

Their LCDs have always been solid and good - they were just always overshadowed by their own Ionized Gas Displays so never hit the spotlight as much

:P

SDDP means exactly that

Actually, SDDP doesn't mean the driver has discrete power.  It makes no guarantees as to the actual functionality of the device.

In this case, I'm pretty sure it will support discrete power and a lot of other great features, but SDDP support *only* guarantees that the device may be identified into Control4 via SDDP, and that there will be a driver for the device that can be auto-added within the project on ComposerPro.

RyanE

Actually, SDDP doesn't mean the driver has discrete power.  It makes no guarantees as to the actual functionality of the device.

In this case, I'm pretty sure it will support discrete power and a lot of other great features, but SDDP support *only* guarantees that the device may be identified into Control4 via SDDP, and that there will be a driver for the device that can be auto-added within the project on ComposerPro.

RyanE

Fair enough - but I meant I meant that it would 1) have an IP driver (or SDDP partnership with C4 would be useless, and SDDP is based on network connection) and that it's pretty much guaranteed it will have power CONTROL in the driver (as opposed to some devices that don't have any form of network standby) - be it discrete or toggle.

Archived