C4 Forums | Control4

Trouble with switches bought on eBay

Ok, Bit of a newbie, so bear with me here.

I have a slew of switches (lsz-101 and lsz-102) and 2 button keypads (lsz-3w1) that I bought on ebay, have gotten them all installed (by an electrician, I tend to have horrible luck with electricity), and now am trying to program them in Composer Pro 2.6.

I can get a number of them to reset using 5-5-5 or 9-9-9. I then try the 4 button press to identify them, but they will not identify. The 13-4-14 seem to have no effect.

In my complete and total unprofessional opinion, i think one of two things is going on:

1) The switches are on Embernet and i need to upgrade them to zigbee pro.

2) The switches have older software on them, and i need to upgrade them.

Neither of those I have no idea how to solve or troubleshoot either of those.

I would greatly appreciate any help you guys could offer. My wife may end me if two dozen of the light switches in the house don't work :)

Tell me what button combos to type in, and i'm happy to provide the sequence of lights that occurs.

If on Embernet (and that's very likely as 13-4-13 isn't doing anything), you'll need to get a controller back down to 2.5.3 (or earlier), that controller has to be an HC200, 300 or 500. You'd also need the matching ComposerPro.

From there your composer should have the documentation, the embernet to ZPro update is covered in there quite well.

Can I load 2.5.3 on my HC250 then update them to zigbee, then reload 2.6? Is there a virtual solution? this seems like this is a pretty severe limitation to 2.6 otherwise...

Yes it's a limitation of 2.6. A well documented and announced limitation. Control4 hasn't sold embernet gear in a long time. You can't do it with a virtual controller because you need the radio in the controller. You can restore your controller back to 2.x it came with and do the embernet flash or you can use any other controller not on 2.6

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Yes, as mentioned - you NEED to have an older controller. Now that controller can be a sub-controller under an HC250 or 800 in a project, but you need it for the antennea. And yes, you very much have to have your system on 2.5.3.

As such, it's often easier to just take that 200/300/500, get it on 2.5.3 or before and do the embernet to mini app update (first of two steps of the update). From there you can go to 2.6, ID etc (it'll do the second step automatically at that point).

I also advise you do NOT have those switches installed yet - rig something up where you can (safely!) power them close to the controler - or you likely will encounter range issues.

As I mentioned - the build-in documentation in Composer has the step by step to do that first step.

Archived