C4 Forums | Control4

New Intercom Software!

badjesus

I agree with Chester. From an end users perspective the whole c4 intercom experience has been a confusing mess for ages.. 

I think I bought the license as well, though I don't recall. I definitely trialled it.. I think I used it like 2-3 times then gave up. 

Lets hope this new solution is radically better :)

You complain about the price of the license - newer users would have reason to complain about the price of controllers going up (as they did when the 'included' the licenses.

Indeed I'd argue many of you (and me for that matte - I bought myself a site license just before cancellation only to have my controller break down 1 month later) have reason to complain that you paid for a license - why are you now paying more to 'include' it.

Simply put - licensing is ALREADY gone (since..april or may 2013) so saying they need to get rid of it is a bit redundant.

So you see the confusion.  As a C4 user with a site license, old hc800 what would I need to do to get an intercom functional.  Aside from buying multiple capable touchscreens, do I need to buy a hc250 or hc800 (since intercom licenses aren't sold separately) or is that all by the wayside and now included with a touchscreen.

Personally not a fan of a camera at a front door. Looks too "jail house" for me.

Holo vision and other allow to swivel the lens inside so you can get a nice viewing angle. Even fancier ones have PTZ but I am ok setting it once and moving on

If you dislike the door station bad Jesus why aren't you excited to now swap out for a 3rd party model now that SIP is standard so you can swap? Curious if I am overlooking something else announced

I guess it depends on if I can use the stock pre-wire box with third party?

If I can... I might swap it.

This upgrade though, now gives me all of the thing I hated about the stock one. So there also isn't really much of a need. Where mine is mounted, it isn't being swapped easily AT ALL.

I guess we will see....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived