C4 Forums | Control4

C4-HC800-BL vs C4-HC800-BL-1

kudasov

• 4 weeks later...

Just pointing out that images can appear from different sources.  Not sure which one - he bought it from there or selling.  The auction says it includes the license.  Either way, I would caution about posting images with serial numbers, MAC addresses, etc.  

No its not my hc-250 ( yes its from eBay ) but i got the same sticker on the back of mine and my dealer told me that i dont have my home liscence.... That's why i'm asking the question. I got mine from a guy who live near me and he buy it new but don't know when...

• 1 year later...
On 3/11/2015 at 9:31 AM, MakeItAMudLight said:

That's it.  Which means the HC800-BL-1 is worth way more than the HC800-BL on the second hand market.  

So, @MakeItAMudLight - in terms of second-hand sales on the HC-800-BL, how does this apply to OS updates from a dealer perspective?  Meaning, someone gets a BL vs. a BL-1 second hand, it should be at 2.6 by default. Are there any OS updates getting to 2.9.X that C4 has a SKU for?

30 minutes ago, s1gnal said:

So, @MakeItAMudLight - in terms of second-hand sales on the HC-800-BL, how does this apply to OS updates from a dealer perspective?  Meaning, someone gets a BL vs. a BL-1 second hand, it should be at 2.6 by default. Are there any OS updates getting to 2.9.X that C4 has a SKU for?

? bl-1's were shipped with 2.6 and factory restore at 2.5.3 by default, nothing higher.

No idea what you mean with the highlighted portion?

Ah. There is no charge for system software versions, other than way back when to 2.0 for older controllers. The licenses mentioned here are the MyHome app license and the intercom license - neither of which can be bought anymore. Which is why the BL-1 is far more valuable, there is no real alternative for those licenses (well other than a brand new controller of course). While C4 in SOME cases can help getting a license, this is something they do at their discretion (no not your dealer's - we can't get those licenses either) and on a case b case basis. You'd have to go VIA a dealer to even be considered. And yes that MAY mean a dealer will either refuse (as it's not for equipment gotten through them) or charge for time (which can add up to a point that you may as well get yourself an EA3 controller, we're talking talks to the rep, back and forth, then inside sales.....)

So yes, a BL (non-1) can very much be updated to run a 2.9 system, not isssues there, but it won't allow you to use your apps UNLESS you had a separate license on your account already (as in a bought license pre ....what was it, June 2015, 2014?)

57 minutes ago, Cyknight said:

So yes, a BL (non-1) can very much be updated to run a 2.9 system, not isssues there, but it won't allow you to use your apps UNLESS you had a separate license on your account already (as in a bought license pre ....what was it, June 2015, 2014?)

super helpful, as always, @Cyknight - thanks for the response here.

Sounds like, for early adopters who paid for the upgrade to 2.0 and purchased a separate site-wide license for the MyHome App, an HC-800-BL can be updated via time/materials billing though a dealer.

9 hours ago, s1gnal said:

Sounds like, for early adopters who paid for the upgrade to 2.0 and purchased a separate site-wide license for the MyHome App, an HC-800-BL can be updated via time/materials billing though a dealer.

Correct, though technically, you wouldn't even need the 2.0 license, just MyHome and (if it matter to you) intercom as any HC800 would be 'licenesed' to do 2.0 from the factory.

Archived