C4 Forums | Control4

wet underfloorheating

Hello,

We have started the build of our house. We will do a full c4 home automation. The only problem we have is with the wet underfloor heating. We need at least 8 separate zones and don't want any visible thermostats. The contractor suggested using KNX components. I would like to keep the system 100% c4 so I can make adjustments my self. Any input/suggestions are welcome.

KNX seems overdone. You could use for example an iLink setup with C4 thermostats (or other third party units that can be easily integrated - iLink can use any normal thermostat), but it might make far more sense to look at TecMar which has an excellent driver (I've used them before - works extremely well) or BAYweb (also has a driver that I'm told works well, no personal experience though.

Both of those are made for more advanced/complex heating systems.

What do you mean though, exactly, by:

I would like to keep the system 100% c4 so I can make adjustments my self.

I will look into the tekmar thermostats. The Honeywell evohome system also seems to integrate with C4.

I am quite familiar with C4, but don't know anything about KNX.  That's why I wan't to keep it C4.

I also have a water based uderfloor heating system. I have used control 4 thermostats for all 10 zones. In 3 cases (all bathrooms) I have used infloor thermostats wired in to a hidden (in a central location) control4 (old model) thermostat. This works perfectly and I guess I could have extended this to all 10 zones and had no visible thermostats but still full control via control4.

Archived