C4 Forums | Control4

HouseLogix Pandora Player & Control4 Driver

HouseLogix is pleased to announce our new Pandora Player & Control4 driver. The HouseLogix Pandora player is the simplest, most efficient way to access your free or paid Pandora account through an automation system.

Hardware Features:

• Small, compact footprint that fits in the tightest racks and cabinets.
  • Separate controller for higher quality audio and less interference
  • 3.5mm RCA stereo audio output jack
  • No configuration needed, just plug and play!
  • Support for both DHCP or static IP addresses via included Windows utility
  • High quality components including power supply with option for various length cables to better suit cable management
  • Firmware supports over the air updates as new features and enhancements are available
  • CE, FCC, ROHS, UL, cUL rated
  • Designed and assembled in the USA
  • 1 year warranty

Control4 Driver Features

• FREE Control4 driver based on the latest MSP interface
  • The fastest way to access Pandora
  • Two taps from the Listen screen and music is playing
  • No “Loading…” screens while trying to load stations or start music
  • Full SDDP support – simply connect the player to the network, go to the Discovered tab, and double-click.
  • No need to worry about setting a static IP address
  • Control4 automatically adds the driver to the project and identifies it
  • Uses your free Pandora account
  • Setting page for clients to log into their Pandora account. This means no service call when they forget their password and have to reset it.
  • Settings page also contains the ability to delete stations you don’t use.
  • Ability to search for new stations.
  • Syncs with your normal Pandora account station list and preferences.
  • Support for thumbs up, thumbs down, the current rating, and “I’m tired of this track”.
  • Artwork is updated for each station after you play it keeping the interface fresh and inviting.
  • Transport controls for play, pause, next, and volume.

To read more about the HouseLogix Pandora player and FREE Control4 driver, please visit the product page on our website here:

With this being more expensive than a Grace Digital Tuner, which has a free driver provided by C4 and Pandora support, can you provide any reason why this may be of better value? I'm looking for a Pandora solution and this is a sincere question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to know as well. A grace digital tuner can be bought for $180 and gives me Pandora, XM, I Heart Radio, BBC, and lots more. Plus if I ever get rid of my control4 system it can still work with other systems or on it's own. It appears that this pandora system will only work (be controlled by) a C4 system. Based on the info provided, it looks like it's configured via IP web based utility but not sure what control I would have of it if I didn't use the C4 driver?

I am also intersted. I have not setup my system yet but have the dealer coming out next week for the install. My wife is a huge pandora user. I purchased a Sonos and the music bridge (wife can airplay pandora) as well. I guess the cost is to save some button clicks? How does this differ from other products. I will pay for it if it signicianlty enhances the experience and makes it easy for my wife to tune in. 

Did i real the below correctly no dealer is need for the install(Just connect it to the network and C4 adds the driver)? 

Looking forward to the reply. Is there any lead time ? product in stock? 

Thanks,

JS 

HouseLogix is pleased to announce our new Pandora Player & Control4 driver. The HouseLogix Pandora player is the simplest, most efficient way to access your free or paid Pandora account through an automation system.

Hardware Features:

• Small, compact footprint that fits in the tightest racks and cabinets.
  • Separate controller for higher quality audio and less interference
  • 3.5mm RCA stereo audio output jack
  • No configuration needed, just plug and play!
  • Support for both DHCP or static IP addresses via included Windows utility
  • High quality components including power supply with option for various length cables to better suit cable management
  • Firmware supports over the air updates as new features and enhancements are available
  • CE, FCC, ROHS, UL, cUL rated
  • Designed and assembled in the USA
  • 1 year warranty

Control4 Driver Features

• FREE Control4 driver based on the latest MSP interface
  • The fastest way to access Pandora
  • Two taps from the Listen screen and music is playing
  • No “Loading…” screens while trying to load stations or start music
  • Full SDDP support – simply connect the player to the network, go to the Discovered tab, and double-click.
  • No need to worry about setting a static IP address
  • Control4 automatically adds the driver to the project and identifies it
  • Uses your free Pandora account
  • Setting page for clients to log into their Pandora account. This means no service call when they forget their password and have to reset it.
  • Settings page also contains the ability to delete stations you don’t use.
  • Ability to search for new stations.
  • Syncs with your normal Pandora account station list and preferences.
  • Support for thumbs up, thumbs down, the current rating, and “I’m tired of this track”.
  • Artwork is updated for each station after you play it keeping the interface fresh and inviting.
  • Transport controls for play, pause, next, and volume.

To read more about the HouseLogix Pandora player and FREE Control4 driver, please visit the product page on our website here:

Did i real the below correctly no dealer is need for the install(Just connect it to the network and C4 adds the driver)?

No, you read one line out of context. It requires a dealer to setup. That line is what happens when a dealer double-clicks on the device in the SDDP tab in Composer.

-Full SDDP support – simply connect the player to the network, go to the Discovered tab, and double-click.

-No need to worry about setting a static IP address

-Control4 automatically adds the driver to the project and identifies it

With the Sonos Connect I can play music that is saved on iPhone

Can this device do that too ?

Why would you think that it would?  Just because Sonos has Pandora, doesn't mean a Pandora driver can do what Sonos does.

Archived