C4 Forums | Control4

Beginner Questions

Hi,

Appreciate some of these should be asked via a dealer but wanted an initial steer if possible:

1) With the IR control of the HC250 - I assume this is only a one way control so the system can't tell if the state of a TV etc changes? (i.e. someone turns it off manually or via a separate remote)

2) Can the in wall dimmer switchers be used as independent switches? i.e. if the system goes down 

Thanks

1 Correct, IR is one-way

2 Yes - the actual dimmers and switches continue to work if the system is down - keypads do not. Well, unless they are wired keypads in a panalized lighting system and there is still a network - in which case they'll work or revert to a definable override setting.

1. Generally discrete codes are used to help prevent this issue. As long as the emitter is in the right place and the equipment is functional ir is fairly reliable. 

2. Very rare that a system goes completely down. 

Thanks both

Main reason I was asking about the dimmers is that I may install them as regular, non connected dimmers first before getting a controller due to our build schedule which is over quite a long time

More questions for the UK based users if thats OK....

1) Assume the C4 dimmers need deeper back boxes than the standard ones in the UK? Does this apply for both the rectangular and the square style?

2) Can the Composer HE and Mobile Device licences be purchased from the US where they are much cheaper?

Thanks again

More questions for the UK based users if thats OK....

1) Assume the C4 dimmers need deeper back boxes than the standard ones in the UK? Does this apply for both the rectangular and the square style?

2) Can the Composer HE and Mobile Device licences be purchased from the US where they are much cheaper?

Thanks again

I know our standard size boxes here in the us you can fit the switches in just can be very tight. organization is key.

2. I can set you up with licenses remotely. Cy is correct on the mobile, however if you would like remote access to your home you would need a vpn or a yearly subscription to 4 sight.

Archived