C4 Forums | Control4

Squeezebox driver?

orrinc

I'm trying to use the C4 to control several Logitech/Slim Devices Squeezeboxes.

They use the same code set as a JVC DVD player, but if I use the C4 driver, it considers the Squeezeboxes as DVD players, and makes them video devices. There doesn't seem to be any way to edit the driver to fix that- anyone have a clue?

Also, it might be nice to be able to show the SqueezeCentral screen on a TV to see the cover art, but I haven't figured out how to navigate the PC in the media system to that URL through the C4 interface- has anyone figured out an easy way to control a PC as part of a C4 program? (It's connected to a separate VGA input on the TV, but could also be an HDMI input on the Denon receiver)

Orrin

• 1 year later...

• 1 year later...

Old thread -- yes, I have a huge investment in Squeezebox, there are already a ton of great 3rd party apps like iPeng for control (so it shouldn't be that difficult), the streaming offerings blow C4 and Sonos away, and if I'm investing in C4 I'll pay good money for full support.

I wouldn't count on RS232 through the Transporter though--that product was discontinued by Logitech. Lack of RS232 support isn't a deal killer for this ever happening is it?

I saw some discussion on the Chumby boards about support for Squeezebox and some of the developers there must have an idea that Logitech is trying to make things more proprietary since they bought Squeezebox. I'm not sure I agree with that, they have added features such as Slacker compatiblity that are proprietary/DRM-related, but the base product should still be relatively the same. I just don't get why Sonos is getting all the love in this department in the C4 world.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a squeezebox I never use, for a few bucks I would buy a driver to put it on my control4 system, but I've all but switched to Sonos. From a form-factor standpoint you might have been able to convince me that squeezebox still had a card to play, but now with the S3, I might just sell my squeezebox stuff and go to Sonos exclusively.

• 8 months later...

I have just started working on a squeezebox IP driver. So far i have it doing basic control functions(play, pause, stop, next/previous song) of the squeezebox classic, touch and squeezeplay(windows application). The driver talks to the server, so i dont see why it wouldn't work with a transporter,boom, radio or duet.

I have some really good ideas related to some of the other built in capabilities of the Classic and Touch.

I'm using this as a reason to learn more about driverworks. And Im not a programmer or developer, so it takes me a long time to figure out how to implement things. The dealer forums seems to be very supportive for people wanting to learn. If you are interested in this driver, please just send me an email.

• 6 months later...
I have just started working on a squeezebox IP driver. So far i have it doing basic control functions(play, pause, stop, next/previous song) of the squeezebox classic, touch and squeezeplay(windows application). The driver talks to the server, so i dont see why it wouldn't work with a transporter,boom, radio or duet.

I have some really good ideas related to some of the other built in capabilities of the Classic and Touch.

I'm using this as a reason to learn more about driverworks. And Im not a programmer or developer, so it takes me a long time to figure out how to implement things. The dealer forums seems to be very supportive for people wanting to learn. If you are interested in this driver, please just send me an email.

I just sent you an email. Would love to try this out, thanks!!

Archived