C4 Forums | Control4

Insteon v2 Driver Released

9 minutes ago, dcovach said:

@jackstone  I've been testing a motion sensor with the V1 driver.  Running OS 2.10.5 on an EA5.  Every time the controller reboots, the motion sensor does not work and displays 'Changes Pending.  Activate the motion sensor to apply.'  Is this an issue with 2.10.5?  A client of mine has this same problem on the same OS using the V2 driver.

Yes this sometime happen... As with any Insteon devices, "inbound" data are flaky and not reliable... This system work well for all "Control" command like turning a light on and so... So any Insteon sensor may work for a while and then stop for no reason...You can relinc it using Houselinc and it will work for another while. Only way to use it reliably is to bind them to an Insteon light or group of lights using Houselinc, but don't expect to trigger stuff in Control4.

2 minutes ago, jackstone said:

Yes this sometime happen... As with any Insteon devices, "inbound" data are flaky and not reliable... This system work well for all "Control" command like turning a light on and so... So any Insteon sensor may work for a while and then stop for no reason...You can relinc it using Houselinc and it will work for another while. Only way to use it reliably is to bind them to an Insteon light or group of lights using Houselinc, but don't expect to trigger stuff in Control4.

Ok.  Appreciate the feedback.

• 3 months later...

Hi jackstone,

I have a few questions regards to one of our client's Insteon integration. They have about 15 dimmers, one 8button keypad and HUB V2. Does this driver still works if I get a new PLM 2413s? Do I need to remove the HubV2 complitely and reset/unlink all devices, or would the phone app still work on the existing V2 system? Do I still need to use the Houselinc software to create light scenes, or can we use C4 "advanced light scenes"? The project is 2.10.6 with an EA3 processor running director. Please let me know.

Roland

• 2 months later...

Are there any known compatibility issues with OS 3? I get an Error "Unable to load devices" when opening lighting and I seem to only be able to get on/off functionality to work, can't set a dimming level on either individual devices or scenes.

yes, sorry for how blurry it is. basically when I access "lighting" from any of the room pages it shows the error, you can dismiss it, but it comes up everytime. 

and once in the page i can turn the load on or off using the light bulb button, but if i slide the slider the load does not change. 

WhatsApp Image 2019-06-24 at 9.48.22 AM.jpeg

Can't tell.. I've tried the same exact thing on my own system and it worked perfectly. I have a 7" T3 and lot of Insteon devices...

Only thing i can tell is to try to check the Lua output of this Insteon dimmer driver in Composer and see if any error pop.

• 1 year later...

Yes and no. The driver is officially pulled out because it is dated and does not support recent Insteon devices. It is also cumbersome to setup and not user friendly at all. Also we do not plan to release an update due to lack of popularity. That being said, we can still provide the driver on demand, it will tied to a Blackwire account for a small fee and will come with no support. You'll be on your own.

You can still try the drive for free an unlimited number of time.

• 5 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.