C4 Forums | Control4

New security system drivers in 2.8 ...

dgbrown

That's interesting... On the DSC driver (Domosapiens from HouseLogix) you can still program keypad commands - e.g. "4". I am surprised it is not there on other drivers. If I recall correctly, on DSC, it was more difficult to find than before in that it was "hidden" within each partition (sub-tree under the main security system driver) rather than being available from the main security system driver. 

• 4 months later...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had new driver installed for GE Concord 4 with EA5 controller...

Is there any way of specifying what type of ALARM is being triggered?  I used to have a PUSH notification sent to me with programming a "*" (asterisk), delay 1 second, then send PUSH so I could get a text of what the control panel was showing for alarm specifics (ie what room, what sensor, FIRE, FREEZE, etc).  Of course, I can program each sensor if triggered to do this but I'm more interested in getting a text of specifics.

However, I do not see anything in the programming using the new driver where this is possible and it seems it's just one generic alert with no way of sending either a variable or the actual text display on the GE Concord panel.

Archived