C4 Forums | Control4

New security system drivers in 2.8 ...

dgbrown

Drop whom? All those systems continue to work.

As opposed to what? Concord requiring certain system versions? Vista panels not all being supported with the new interface right away?

Clearly the IT100 is compatible with the new interface. So by only supporting new hardware, it forces customers to spend at LEAST a couple of hundred dollars to get the benefits of the new interface. I get that it is good for the dealers, as there will be more revenue, but it sucks for the customer... that is all.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clearly the IT100 is compatible with the new interface. So by only supporting new hardware, it forces customers to spend at LEAST a couple of hundred dollars to get the benefits of the new interface. I get that it is good for the dealers, as there will be more revenue, but it sucks for the customer... that is all.

The updated 3rd party driver will cost a fair bit less than that. Even if there's dealer cost involved for changing it, or programming it.

And whether that's good for dealers remains to be seen at all. Numerous dealers don't actually do security systems themselves - so the change would be in whomever does do the security's hands.

I'm far from convinced the 230 is the way to go - but it isn't my decision to make. For all I know the it-100 may be history in short order, and C4 knows it. r the it-100 may not be but the PowerPC series it - or.....it's all speculation though.

$20,000 question: Is there a way to prevent a security zone from reporting to the history agent when the panel is disarmed ? Case in point with Interlogic Panel driver (Concord) is a motion sensor. The panel is disarmed and motion sensed is filling up the history log making it difficult to see ingress/egress activities.

Thanks in advance for any info.

The history agent is for starters NOT part of security. Much more than that.

But no - the agent stores the history of your system (again nut just sensors)

Selectability of what shows would have to be done at the driver level if anything - and AFAIK none so far have any filtering options.

The DSC IT100 security driver gives 3 filter options (I assumed all security systems on OS2.8 did). You can choose alarm events (blue lightning symbol), warning messages (yellow exclamation mark) and zone information (green circle). While I have all of them on in the first attached picture so you can see the symbols, I typically turn off the zone information so that I only see alarms and information messages which is much more succinct (see second attachment where the green circle is greyed out)...

post-136547-0-26297100-1445614221_thumb.

post-136547-0-68259700-1445614239_thumb.

$20,000 question: Is there a way to prevent a security zone from reporting to the history agent when the panel is disarmed ? Case in point with Interlogic Panel driver (Concord) is a motion sensor. The panel is disarmed and motion sensed is filling up the history log making it difficult to see ingress/egress activities.

Thanks in advance for any info.

I've been working with the security proxy for a bit now and it seems that the proxy when notified of an alarm/disarm/arm will automatically add that event to the history agent. I don't see a way to disable this, but I may be overlooking something. Zone notifications are sent by the driver itself and could be disabled or hidden behind a property.

The DSC IT100 security driver gives 3 filter options (I assumed all security systems on OS2.8 did). You can choose alarm events (blue lightning symbol), warning messages (yellow exclamation mark) and zone information (green circle). While I have all of them on in the first attached picture so you can see the symbols, I typically turn off the zone information so that I only see alarms and information messages which is much more succinct (see second attachment where the green circle is greyed out)...

That's not for a specific zone though - no 20k for you ;)

I really wouldn't turn of zone info though myself - it prevents you from seeing when doors etc are opened completely - but that's your own choice.

Those 3 option by the way can also be set at the agent level preventing the agent itself from recording these items.

Is there a list of compatible systems yet. I have a Vista 20 but can't seem to find out if the new driver will work with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet - unsure on the 20, but I suspect it will.

The 'new driver' isn't out. Only GE and Domosapiens' it-100 (3rd party) AFAIK at his point.

Trying to re-do my programming with the new Interlogix Concord driver.

I had a lot of programming based on selecting Arm Stay or Arm Away.

That distinction seems to be lost in the new driver.  Its just armed or disarmed.

First question, why?  and second, what is everybody doing?  Just programming off of conditionals which seems to be unnecessarily complex?

Could this potentially be an oversight which will be corrected?

On the new DSC IT100 driver you can program stay and away separately as long as you program from the relevant partition as opposed to from the security system itself. I was stuck at first also and then found the partition events (partitions are nested under the security system). Some events seem to duplicate each other (they are there at security system level and at partition level) but seem to do the same thing... Not sure if it is the same on the concord? Good luck!

Then a question that I hope someone can help with? I have also raised it with my dealer to raise with The driver maker...

On the DSC IT100 driver, I cannot get a panic signal to activate programmatically. I can from the navigator. I have tried the following 3 programming events and none work:

1. Triggering an instant alarm (panic or fire) as a device specific command in the security system events;

2. Triggering an emergency (fire or panic) on partition 1 (house) in the partition 1 events;

3. Pressing a specific key (Fire! or Panic!) on the virtual keypad (via the device specific events).

Any thoughts?

On the new DSC IT100 driver you can program stay and away separately as long as you program from the relevant partition as opposed to from the security system itself. I was stuck at first also and then found the partition events (partitions are nested under the security system). Some events seem to duplicate each other (they are there at security system level and at partition level) but seem to do the same thing... Not sure if it is the same on the concord? Good luck!

I had discovered the nesting and no, that still doesn't give any option for stay / away.  Good to know it is in another driver and hopefully there will be a driver revision in that case.

To clarify, this distinction is available in actions, but not events unless I'm missing something.

Hate to say it - but you ARE missing something.

Program When Partition 1 is armed

Then you can distinguish away/stay using their own variables under partition 1 (stay is called HOME)

for example

WHEN partition 1 has been armed

IF Partition on HOME_STATE is true

-your desired stay programming

IF ... you get the idea

Alternatively, you can program direct off of those variable. though you still need to specify that it's tru

exmaple

WHEN Partition 1 HOME_STATE changes

IF HOME_STATE is true

-blah blah

Advantage of this last method is that you can actually program based off of disarmed from stay(home) and away.

Right, I didn't explain the new limitation very well.  You didn't have to mess with variables before.  It was always a different choice for Armed Away / Armed Stay.  Maybe not a huge deal, but seems like an oversight, and it is going to be a lot less of a copy and paste of the old programming if this is the way it is going to be.  And since this is the security system we're talking about a copy and paste would sure be preferable.

Would just be nice to know if this is a permanent limitation or if there might be a quick fix before I go redoing a bunch of programming.

Maybe depending on how the original programming was written it wouldn't be an issue, but my programming used those choices.

Right, I didn't explain the new limitation very well.  You didn't have to mess with variables before.  It was always a different choice for Armed Away / Armed Stay.  Maybe not a huge deal, but seems like an oversight, and it is going to be a lot less of a copy and paste of the old programming if this is the way it is going to be.  And since this is the security system we're talking about a copy and paste would sure be preferable.

Would just be nice to know if this is a permanent limitation or if there might be a quick fix before I go redoing a bunch of programming.

Maybe depending on how the original programming was written it wouldn't be an issue, but my programming used those choices.

Mhh I don't know but I don't see it as an oversight. As I said, the changed method also allows you to program when going OFF of stay and away.

In addition, the old driver had the downside in this that armed to stay programming triggered when armed to away as well - unless you used variables, delays etc.

• 4 months later...

Reviving this thread...  

I have a GE Concord 4.  While the "if home_state is true" conditional allows me to do things like lock doors, turn off certain lights, etc., another command I used to do when arming to stay was have C4 automatically press "4"" on the keypad to initiate "no delay."  The new drivers don't seem to allow one to program a keypad number press (unless someone knows the method).  I tried executing an "arm to stay (no delay)" with the conditional, but coming after the alarm's already been set to "arm to stay" (from the keypad directly) it doesn't take, and the alarm does it's 30 seconds of beeping.

Any ideas?  Thanks in advance!

There is no numerical keypad 'programming' anymore - but you should be able to program things differently for most functions.

but coming after the alarm's already been set to "arm to stay" (from the keypad directly)

What do you mean by 'keypad' - the security keypad?

Yes, the security keypad itself.  In the C4 iPhone App one has the choice of "Arm to Stay (No Delay)" but the Concord 4 keypad doesn't have that option.  One has to "Arm to Stay" and then hit the 4 key for "no delay" and/or the 5 key for "silent."  Not that it's the end of the world, but I had a nice script that hit those buttons automatically through the programming...  And the other day my wife hit "6" accidentally which is a "Latchkey"-related command that C4 interprets as an alarm being triggered (so all our house lights went on!) :-)  

I've experimented but can't find a way to program this now (short of something very inelegant like: when keypad armed to stay, disarm and re-arm to stay no delay).  Any other ideas??

Archived