dgbrown

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So to get the new interface you have to have the following aside from 2.8:

1.  The updated 3rd party driver ($$)

2.  Reprogramming

Is that right?

No, control4 will be releasing several drivers for the new interface free of charge.

I must say that the drivers not being ready is a bit frustrating. My dealer is updating my system to 2.8 tomorrow and doing some other stuff... Unless the DSC driver becomes available in the next 15 hours, he will need to do an extra call for me later to install the driver!

It won't be.

Isn't the programming tied to the contact. The contact is bound to the driver.

In theory removing the driver for the panel should not remove the contacts and therefore not the programming.

Do I have this wrong ?

Partly correct - yes any programming tied to the CONTACT will remain with the contact - it just needs to be re-bound to the new driver. Sorry guess that wasn't all that clear.

What you'd loose is any programming directly associated with the security driver.

Examples:

WHEN security goes to alarm

send email

or

WHEN schedule event triggers

IF security is armed....

or

WHEN keypad button is pressed

set security state to armed to stay

No, control4 will be releasing several drivers for the new interface free of charge.

But NOT one for the it-100, either you'll need to get the 3rd party driver, or get an it-230 and an adapter, or stay with the old interface.

As it stands we're looking at C4 drivers for Concord/Superbus. PowerPC series/it-230, something for Vista (unclear on exact panels, heard 15, 21 maybe 20 - likely not 128/256 for the time being). Maybe ELK.

3rd party drivers for it-100/HAI/Houselogix HSIM (for DSC, numerous Vista and Vista rip-offs)

It should.

I am curious as to why control4 abandoned all the Customers with IT100 modules. I guess the IT230 has more communication options, but to just drop everyone else seems crazy.

It should.

I am curious as to why control4 abandoned all the Customers with IT100 modules. I guess the IT230 has more communication options, but to just drop everyone else seems crazy.

Drop whom? All those systems continue to work.

As opposed to what? Concord requiring certain system versions? Vista panels not all being supported with the new interface right away?

Archived