C4 Forums | Control4

My Movies input issue

Whenever I select a movie from the navigator, my Dune media player is selected and the movie starts playing from my NAS.  If I finish that movie, or decide to stop it and go back to the navigator to select a different movie, I bring up the My movies to browse. 

Upon selecting a new movie to play, the screen goes black, the dune is passed the info for the new movie to play and my remote says it is controlling the Dune.  I know the Dune is playing the movie, but the input on my system is left on the HC800 navigator screen(just black, though).  I have to select a different source completely and then return to the Dune, where the movie is already playing for the input to be correct. 

This has happened for years, and it's not a major issue, but it drives me crazy having to select Cable then selecting Dune after watching a movie or changing my mind.  It's not uncommon for my daughter to ask to watch something and then change her mind in the middle of it.

Anyone else experience this?

I am using the actual Mymovies collection program with the Dune.

OK, so I have just checked what my system does... Not sure that it will help you, but here goes. I choose a movie from MyMovies in the Navigator and it plays. I then stop it and it goes to the native Dune UI (I guess I could program stop to return me to the OSD). If I then go to the navigator and choose another movie it works fine.

As an aside, I sometimes don't get sound when I choose a movie from the Navigator. I need to get my dealer in to fix this as some sort of delay is needed on the matrix or amp (I think).

Archived