C4 Forums | Control4

Carrier Infinity v2 driver calendar

jackstone

Is someone have played with the updated version of the Carrier Infinity HVAC driver? Was nice to see it is now updated, it stated it can set schedule through the Calendar interface, is this supposed to be bidirectional (I should see the schedule I've done over C4 in the Carrier thermostat and vice versa) or is this a SECOND schedule that will fight with the Carrier Thermostat built-in schedule? Not sure how all of this work...

Any experience with that product?

Yes I use that driver. If I make changes on control4 interface the changes will updated to thermostat and vice versa. 

I use to have some connection issues before V2 version since I have updated I have had no issues. 

With this driver you can adjust: Mode, Fan, Hold/Permanent, Schedule, Temp Scale, Vacation mode and view humidity 

In my case in connects to the Carrier/Bryant Integration board via RS-232, there is an Ethernet port on that board but the driver seems to support only RS-232. I hear a single board can control two HVAC system with a single RS-232 connection.

neldua: Did you do something to have the Calendar to work? My customer have done some schedule over the Carrier thermostat and I does not seems to replicate to the C4 Touchscreen, SetPoint, temperature and humidity are working correctly though, issue is only with Calendar...

From what I've seen, not possible with the stock driver, but it is surely possible to build an IP driver with this system, I don't think it will work over Wi-Fi because it need to talk directly to the furnace, not the thermostat.

I have a SAM interface connected with my Carrier Infinity HVAC. The SAM interface uses RS-232 or Ethernet. But the stock Carrier Control4 driver only supports RS-232

I Just confirmed the Control4 calendar entries do update on my system.

Below is driver INFO

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************
Important!
This version of the Carrier Infinity Thermostat Driver is designated as V2. Because this driver relies upon the Carrier Network driver for functionality - both the thermostat and network drivers must be added to the project using the same version. Control4 recommends that the V2 version of both drivers be used in OS 2.7.0 and later. 

The Carrier Infinity SAM drivers allow the Control4 system to work in conjunction with a Carrier Infinity HVAC system.  In order to communicate with the Carrier Infinity system, you must install a System Access Module (SAM).  While the SAM provides both serial and IP interfaces, only the serial interface provides access to the control protocol. The IP interface is limited to a Web browser.  Control4's driver utilizes the serial port.

Support
Control4 is not able to advise you or support you when configuring Carrier Infinity HVAC systems or SAM interfaces.  We will, by necessity, limit our support to the proper configuration of these drivers within the Control4 system.

Pre-Existing Installation Note
If you have prior versions of the Carrier Infinity Network driver installed in your project it will be necessary to remove those drivers from your system before continuing with the new installation of the Carrier Infinity Network V2 Driver.

Architectural Scope
The Carrier Infinity Network driver must be added for each SAM module on the system. Each SAM is able to control two (2) systems. Each SAM module can interface with up to two (2) Carrier Systems, and each system can have up to eight (8) zones (Thermostats) for a total of 16 zones. A Carrier Infinity Thermostat driver must be added for each Thermostat on the system

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************

Archived