C4 Forums | Control4

TiVo and control4 partnership

SMHarman

Maybe a 3rd party developer can get this 2-way integration going?  I'd pay for such a driver.  Who's out there that might want to take something like this on?  I'm sure there'd be enough demand, especially from those who want to stick to cable as opposed to satellite.   It might even help TiVo sell more units to Control4 owners that prefer cable, from those who want such features.   The API exists, it just needs a developer who can make it happen if Control4 doesn't want to do it:

http://developer.tivo.com/files/TiVoControlApiProgramOverview_2014-06-18.pdf 

This document is also almost 2 years old at this point, but did come out about a month after the Control4/TiVo announcement referenced in the first post.  Contact info for who to reach out to directly for info is also included in the document at the above link (if he still works there).  ​

I'd help pay to fund a driver too.

Maybe someone could start by putting the Yellow Blue Red Green buttons in the proper order on the Navigator page.

(My color buttons were mapped to other functions, so I can at least use ABCD if I remember that the driver has them in CDAB order. :)

I'd pay for a 2-way driver. Ryan is this totally off the table for control4 to do themselves?

Ryan, Can you tell us if the roadblock is Control4 or TiVo ?

I'm willing to go bang on some doors at TiVo.

This would be great for the pro version of the Bolt or the Maxi (if that's not dead. I can't be the only one that wants a NAS aware rack mounted TiVo)

Archived