SMHarman

Where has this got to?

2 years in development?

http://blog.tivo.com/2014/01/tivo-partners-with-control4/

TIVO PARTNERS WITH CONTROL4

By Editor

Posted January 8, 2014 

In Uncategorized

TiVo and Control4 are partnering up to bring you more of what you want on a quicker, smoother, and easier new interface! Today, at the Consumer Electronics Show (CES) in Las Vegas, the companies announced open API to automation partners for TiVo® DVRs and Devices

Initially, TiVo users will have access to Now Playing information and TiVo Peanut remote functionality with further integration of TiVo features and services* coming soon. TiVo will soon be offering the following features through Control4 interfaces:

Info (Show): Call up information about a show in seconds and see all relevant details at a glance in Info. From here, you can order a Season Pass recording, explore the cast and crew, and see which online partners deliver the show.My Shows: Check in on what you’ve got waiting in your own personal entertainment lineup in My Shows. Not only can you sort by date and title, you can monitor your available recording capacity with the disk space meter.What to Watch (coming later): What to Watch allows you to browse TV shows and movies that are on TV right now in a variety of categories including Popular TV, Sports (powered by Thuuz), Movies and Kids programming.Remote: Take total control of your entertainment with your choice of two great TiVo remote control options: a full-scale replica of a classic TiVo remote or an intuitive, gesture-based remote control.

Bottom line: This partnership will leverage Control4’s Simple Device Discovery Protocol (SDDP) software to make integrating a new TiVo into the home much easier for custom integrators. With SDDP, the Control4 home automation system automatically finds and adds supported devices to the platform, radically reducing the time to install and program a Control4 automation system, of any size.

*excluding TiVo streaming technology

I think I have the most up to date TiVo driver, the TiVo Roamio / Model 3+ network one in Composer, last modified 6/10/15.  I have the Roamio Pro and a bunch of mini's.  The release notes above mention there'd "initially be Now Playing and Peanut Remote functionality".   The driver I have doesn't have that, as far as I know.  It's just one way IP communication.  Is there a better driver I'm missing, or did this all never come to fruition?   The whole "initially" part of that release notes has always caught me off guard, as to me that'd mean it would have been available when that post came out, or very soon after. It's been about 2 years now.

There'd obviously have to be a 2 way IP driver, which I would think is doable since TiVo shares their API, so if Control4 never ended up doing this, maybe somebody eventually will?   I would envision it'd work similar to how Chowmain's KODI driver works, meaning it communicates 2 way and on our Control4 interface we can see a live guide of some sort, similar to how his movies or add-ons mirror live info.  

Unfortunately, for the time being, this is fairly dead in the water.

I can't go into details as to why, but for now, the one-way IP driver (TiVo Roamio / Model 3+) should work well for all 'current' TiVo models, although without the 'advanced' features that were anticipated back when the announcements were written.

Sorry.

RyanE

Eh? Don't know much about Canadian tv. Only been to Canada 3 times

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Yeah. Cable card standard saved Tivo

Sent from my STV100-1 using Tapatalk

Not only that, this part of the country the local cable provider offers a similar (near to identical) option to TiVo that is cheaper - so why would someone go that round even if it would work? TiVo is actually offered direct by one cable provider on the other side of the country so it has some presence there.

Beyond that - TiVo is a tinkerer's device up here.

Sad how Tivo partnerships with DirecTV and Control4 haven't produced much.  I would love to go back to a Tivo, although DirecTV DVRs have replaced them better than I ever thought they would when I was forced over to them.

I can't go into details as to why, but for now, the one-way IP driver (TiVo Roamio / Model 3+) should work well for all 'current' TiVo models, although without the 'advanced' features that were anticipated back when the announcements were written.

Sorry.

RyanE

Bummer. I am heavily dependent on TiVo. Been waiting for this forever.

I wish someone could at least add support for the A B C and D keys to the current IP driver.

Aren't they mapped to tbe color keys?

I'll have to look again, but I don't think they are for me. Maybe I don't have the latest version of the driver.

A native looking peanut remote would be so nice.

The latest driver lets you map your choice of keys to several keys, including the color keys, and among the options are the A/B/C/D.

It's fairly flexible in that way.

RyanE

I have version 1.6.9 tested on 2.5.3 - is that the latest/best TiVo IP driver?

Archived