C4 Forums | Control4

Denon or Marantz

I am installing a system in the near future and am trying to decide between Denon and Marantz. Have had both in the past and happy with either. I was just wondering if one of these worked better with C4

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Has anyone had any trouble controlling a marantz tuner? I am having terrible trouble controlling an ST6001 tuner. It has a direct connection to an ir port on the media controller. I have been told to use the st6000 driver as it is the same. It is not responding at all. Any ideas?

Download the codes direct from Marantz's website and you can have every discrete code for that tuner and you should then have no problem controlling that tuner.

With all the Marantz drivers, the codes in the drivers in the database are all toggle bit (the "alternate" codes") and you can copy and paste the true discretes into all of the commands.

I've installed both.

Marantz :)

I like it, runs really hot though! Also Marantz has a better 'customer' appeal that has helped sell themselves.

Marantz :(

Zone 2 Sucks! It isn't completly seperate in terms of IR codes so not great for non-RS232 commands.

Denon :)

Has all features the marantz has (just depends on the model).

Deonon :(

Hard to sell sometimes becase of crazy internet shoppers

All in All, Marantz is a great product, but I think Denon has a better product line up (with the 09CI series, they range from 329 - 7500), also in the new Denon receivers, all will have at least 2 HDMI 1.3 (with all features purchased) on it. So thats nice.

have had Denons for years, never let me down once.

that said my dilema is now that I need a 2nd HDMI out, and the trusty denon 38xx series only offer 1 :(

looks like I will be going to a marantz which all come with 2 HDMI outs or the denon 48xx series which is much more expensive....

Archived