C4 Forums | Control4

When TV input changes - trying to send a text

eggzlot

So I have something odd going on, it seems like my master bedroom TV is changing inputs on its own.  2-3 times in the last few weeks I came home late and my fiancé was already in bed sleeping and the menu on the Amazon Fire TV was on (hdmi 2).  She went to bed watching cable (coming through an IP matrix switch input into HDMI 1).

I also notice when you turn on the TV, regardless of what source I pick, the TV will first flicker the last input then quickly switch to the new input.  So I am noticing that every time I turn on the TV to watch cable, I am quickly seeing the amazon fire TV menu making me think while we were asleep (and set the sleep timer to shut off the tv) the input changed somehow. 

I've looked through programming and cannot find anything that would make inputs change.

We rarely use this TV for viewing, mostly just for background noise when going to bed, so I wanted to set up a simple "if input changes > send text message" so I want to track it for a few days and see if I can see if this is really happening.

So in programming I did:

when master > tv input changes

> email notification

Seemed simple enough, but when I go into the bedroom and switch inputs using the SR 250 or a touchscreen, I do not get the text.

What am I missing?  For now I'll just track ANY input changes, from HDMI 1 to 2, or 2 to 1, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Maybe the tv is set to automatically switch to first active hdmi input upon powering on. Check hdmi control settings on tv, maybe it doesn't have anything to do with C4.

For programming try adding when input changes>if input is hdmi2>send email.

Sent from my LG G2

yes so the TV was set to CEC, could have sworn I shut that off.  So thanks for the help and reminders!  Seems like AFT does not have an easy UI to turn off CEC.  Some posts online show some coding that is above me, or some found a dongle that helps.  When I boot up my TV regardless of what input I pick, the AFT still flashes first, then it goes to the input I picked.  However yesterday I did test it for 90 mins and it did not change sources.  Hope that continues to happen, because I have no idea if it changed sources frequently via the CEC commands or just once in a blue moon.  I guess with at least 1 of the CEC devices (TV) disabled, it should not happen again period, right?

is there an easier way to remove on the AFT?  I do not have a receiver in my bedroom, just TV with 2 hdmi inputs direct (Video Storm matrix and AFT)

I am finding something about code that I have no idea how to handle: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=55738414&postcount=8

or an adapter that gets rid/covers pin #13 (CEC pin): http://www.amazon.com/Lindy-HDMI-Adapter-Female-41232/dp/B00DL48KVI

Archived