C4 Forums | Control4

Weather Stations

Fox

What is the cheapest way to get a weather station (with proper drivers) integrated into control4? I see tons of these on amazon ranging from about $20 upto $500 (maybe more) but I'm not sure how to tell which will work. I saw some extra vegtables drivers for a bunch of brands (but not models) in the app store.

My main interest is just to access the outside temp. so I want to keep it budget friendly (alternatively if there is a way I can access this via the temperature displayed via weather underground on composer that would work too)

8 minutes ago, Fox said:

What is the cheapest way to get a weather station (with proper drivers) integrated into control4? I see tons of these on amazon ranging from about $20 upto $500 (maybe more) but I'm not sure how to tell which will work. I saw some extra vegtables drivers for a bunch of brands (but not models) in the app store.

My main interest is just to access the outside temp. so I want to keep it budget friendly (alternatively if there is a way I can access this via the temperature displayed via weather underground on composer that would work too)

C4 has a free driver for integration with Weather Underground.  I would recommend a weather station that you can integrate with Weather Underground and then have that flow into control4.

i use a combination of the underground driver and live sensors.

c4 thermostat has an outdoor air probe.

irrigation caddy has a rain sensor add on. 

between those my irrigations and air conditioning is fairly efficient. 

Someone correct me if i am wrong but you could buy any weather station that would work with weather under ground and then use the driver to get your own local information.

I lucked out with someone with in my neighborhood having a station.

Archived