C4 Forums | Control4

Danalock

bdo21

Has anyone seen a control4 driver for the danalock smart lock products? Or is anyone working on one? Their danalock universal module (sometimes shown as danalock garage) can control motorised locks, electric locks, garage doors, etc) so is very flexible and would be great to integrate into Control4.

That's just a zwave relay board. It has it's own 'app' but from an integration standpoint it's nothing more than a relay board.

The fact that it's zwave mean no, no one has or will look into it.

We HAVE numerous wireless or other option to add relays in addition to already built-in controller/i/o extender relays.

WiFi, serial, IP, ZigBee....all already available either via Control 4 or 3rd party manufactures or driver developers.

What I am looking for is the ability to control an electronic lock with a Bluetooth smartphone (with functionality for 'keys' which I can grant people permanently or temporarily) which ideally integrates into Control4. Kwikset kevo, August, danalock, etc have their key functionality but only this danalock product can control an existing electronic lock and I don't think any of these products integrate with control4 anyway.

Are any of the alternatives you mention suitable for Bluetooth control of a lock like I am trying to achieve?

Another option I have found is an ECKey VP1 but that is a few hundred dollars for the Bluetooth reader, a couple of hundred for Houselogix's wiegand serial interface, a couple of hundred for Houselogix's access control database and an annual $40 fee for ECKey to manage keys. This all adds up to a lot more than a danalock if there was an appropriate way to integrate it with Control4.

Perhaps I am missing an obvious solution?

Thanks

It depends on what you're truly looking to do.

If it's integrated into c4, you can ALREADY give people permanent or controlled access to your system, and thus any integrated locks.

If you expect a LOT of people that need temporary access - you shouldn't be looking at a cheap solution anyway as it now becomes a security issue.

In the end - it matters little. The Danalock is bluetooth and ZWave only so there is no direct integration path. PERHAPS there is some way to tie it into a Vera ZWave controller, that can then be integrated into Control4 - but you're now adding steps that are going to be just as expensive and that much more unreliable for something locks.

I am not expecting a lot of people at all - I hadn't realised the control4 system could manage access control like this. I don't want to give someone access to my control4 system just so they can come in the door (eg the cleaner). There is no iPhone unlock app discrete from the control4 app? I thought a 'standard' lock app would allow people like the cleaner to access the house. Perhaps I am missing the point or being slow and should speak to my dealer. I'll give up on the danalock anyway - thanks for clarifying that

I understand what you're looking to do - but you're bumping into a number of limitations.

The app can now handle the access agent, but it's got some limitations - in particular is that you cannot limit access on just one phone, it's all or nothing.

WITHIN C4, what may work best is to have ZigBee locks, those can be managed with C4 in one app, and have ability to have multiple codes, and has scheduling available as well (example cleaner can only come in tuesday and thursday between 9am and 4pm)

• 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.