C4 Forums | Control4

DMX RGB landscape lights

cybuch

What is everyone using for DMX controllable RBGW Landscape lighting in the US?  I am currently in the process of upgrading my front landscape and want to move to DMX RGBW for my landscape lighting.  I am hooked on houselogix DMX driver.  Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, brucecampbell said:

Domaudeo along with Engineering Solutions have a great product which is working well with my RGB lighting for my pool and water blade.

I'm only running 4 circuits but is easy to use and smooth light fades.

I am currently using the Engineering Solutions engine, but I am looking for the actual RBGW landscape lights themselves.

for the lights, IlluminFX is probably top (http://www.illuminfx.com/assets/ledcatalogifx2016.pdf), and i have a few of those i'm messing with. i haven't seen any illuminfx available outside of dealer channels.

installed i have kichler lights in white only for some uplighting. i think these come in rgbw but i dont have any personally. kichler can be purchased online, etc through some channels.

i'm getting some philips colorkinetics for the front. the colorkinetics product is pretty amazing, but run around $600/unit. they're actually somewhat complicated to procure as well. the illuminfx product is the standard for high end outdoor RGBW from what i've gathered, and you're looking at $600-$1000/unit depending on style and rating (underwater, semi submersible, etc) 

also keep in mind, depending on the fixture type, bulbs and fixtures can be separate 

16 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

Coloronix also do Pathway lights and surface mount lights.

i've had some issues with coloronix, their decoders/data enablers are not built to industry standards and also have had multiple manufacturing defects. from another engineer who is helping me with some issues, he found that their branded data enablers dont include galvanic or optical isolation and instead use  a zener diode that has been installed backwards. their lights are great, but their support products are not :( they did mention that they're using other products on larger lights, but they have mentioned that magnetic transformers have messed their decoders up previously (which is interesting as well). so yeah, coloronix lights are cool, but i'm looking at other in ground options :)

I've got 6 of their sr3led01 installed at home. They are my only downright.

Apart from my apathy in programming them into my system they are good.

I wish they would produce a color translator sheet. E.g I want 2700k White. What is the rgbw settings.

yeah, i have their 3" downlight i was using to test with. it's a cool product and the colorkinetics lighting is super nice, just the weird caveats to their products and the lack of documentation around those. i suggested that they document this stuff in their manuals (like not using magnetic transformer) and was met with an "ok" and no changes. so yeah.... 

i'm working with some other manufacturers to build similar downlights so i can use those instead. 

Archived