C4 Forums | Control4

Wireless router suggestions

"Cymon says" :D to not use use airports at all unless it's as an Airplay device only. ;) But hey to each their own.

Understand that I'm primarily stating best practices - it isn't a MAJOR concern to have a router act as a switch, but if you are having problems, it's best to fall back to the basics - if you aren't yet.

Yes best practice is to use a router for 1,2 and 4 ONLY - which is basically making it act as a DHCP server and a Gateway only.

"Cymon says"  to not use use airports at all unless it's as an Airplay device only. But hey to each their own.

Understand that I'm primarily stating best practices - it isn't a MAJOR concern to have a router act as a switch, but if you are having problems, it's best to fall back to the basics - if you aren't yet.

Yes best practice is to use a router for 1,2 and 4 ONLY - which is basically making it act as a DHCP server and a Gateway only.

Yeah Yeah. Not the first to tell me but it is chugging along and I have other fun stuff to deal with before switching out my router and preprogrammed dhcp reservations etc.

18 minutes ago, SMHarman said:

Yeah Yeah. Not the first to tell me but it is chugging along and I have other fun stuff to deal with before switching out my router and preprogrammed dhcp reservations etc.

Sigh - tell me about it - then again, I'm finally in the process of redoing (and relocating) my own system - procrastination is NOT looking good in my eyes at the moment :wacko:

Archived