C4 Forums | Control4

EA-5 Too Fast?

Just upgraded to the EA-5 from HC-800.  When alarm system turns on, I have leds on the keypad turn from blue to red.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Never had this problem with the HC-800.  Could it be the EA-5 is processing so fast that it's missing that line of programming?  I inserted delays of 100ms and that doesn't seem to help.  Any ideas on how to get back on par?  I am running 2.8.2.

LED.PNG

Just upgraded to the EA-5 from HC-800.  When alarm system turns on, I have leds on the keypad turn from blue to red.  Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Never had this problem with the HC-800.  Could it be the EA-5 is processing so fast that it's missing that line of programming?  I inserted delays of 100ms and that doesn't seem to help.  Any ideas on how to get back on par?  I am running 2.8.2.

LED.PNG

No it's not too fast. Sounds like your mesh isn't fully updated to the ea5. When did you upgrade? It can take 36hrs after moving a mesh for it to fully work properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I moved my Zigbee from an HC800 slave to my EA5 director (when I upgraded from an HC800 director) and found that it was not as reliable as my old Zigbee.  I experienced similar problems to what you describe above although it was fairly random. I am not sure whether the problem was the move from the HC800 to an EA5 or (more likely) the move from a slave to the director.  I am moving my Zigbee back to the HC800 slave.

it looks like you have this trigger from the security you may want to try executing this manually to if the security system is not updating the system.

the ea-5 has a significantly better radio and quite electronics. If your zigbee is experiencing issues you may want to try and re id devices into the mesh that are having trouble. its important when doing the transfer from one controller to the next that you would want the original coordinator operator to help transition.

Good suggestion on the re-identification of that keypad in the mesh. So that I learn, be taking it out and re-id does it reconfigure its location within the mesh and thus produce more predictable performance?

zigbee is an always changing network. the path to the coordinator can change when it feels there is a better path. if the device has a poor signal or bad authentication it may get left behind. interference in the 2.4 spectrum can also be a cause.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived