C4 Forums | Control4

Pandora Native Driver Issues

I've noticed over the last couple of weeks that the performance of the native C4 Pandora driver has been deteriorating. It started out with long pauses between songs, and has moved on to the channel list not loading or loading very slowly, or no songs playing at all once you select a channel.

The controller is an HC-800, and there is only one instance of the Pandora driver in the project. I'm just curious to see if others have noticed this as well, as I have seen it on one other system now as well besides my own.

I have turned up the logging level on the driver, so I'll see what, if anything, it has to say.

6Gjd8bVl.png

there is a new driver waiting approval from Pandora but as far as I know this is not a known defect to be fixed in that build - but it may be - i have never seen it. It fixes the login bug

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, Matt Lowe said:

you can try re login in the driver.

how is your networking setup on the controller?

you could also try rebooting your controller

I should've mentioned that I did already try:

• re-authenticating in the driver
  • removing the driver and re-adding it, with a controller reboot between those 2 steps

As far as controller networking, it has a static IP & it is wired to a switch in the rack, then out to a Cisco/Meraki MX64 in another rack. There haven't been any changes there though in many months.

Thanks @msgreenf - I knew they were working on a new driver but wasn't sure if it encompassed more than just the login problems.

Just now, Matt Lowe said:

you may want to try dhcp on both to see if that helps. they way it is behaving sounds like a network issue.

Seems to me that would be a very odd problem given that other services, both local and internet streaming, on the controller work fine (TuneIn, Shairbridge, etc). I'll probably just hold off on more changes till an updated driver is available. I can use Pandora from the Grace Digital or Fusion Research pieces till then.

that

56 minutes ago, Derrick Cain said:

Have you changed the DNS on your main C4 unit?  Change it 8.8.8.8 instead of the gateway.  That was my issue when Pandora was cutting out or acting slow, now works perfect

Archived