C4 Forums | Control4

Pentair Pool/Spa

pthood

• 2 years later...

• 9 months later...

I have my system integrated with Control4. I have an Intellitouch panel (you have to have an Intellitouch, EasyTouch won't work) and the i-Link interface adapter (http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/i-LinkUG.pdf). My panel is an Intellitouch i9+3.

You can control temp, pump, and any of the aux circuits on the board (on/off). The attached screenshots should help. As you can see, the driver is two-way - status of the different circuits and current heat / pump status are all available.

In my system I have: Spa, Landscape Lights (I leave this on all the time and use a C4 outlet switch/lighting scenes for control), Pool Lights, Water Feature

In the driver you can tell the system what each circuit is named (see attached).

I'm having some problems with getting my programming firing right now, but it does work from the GUI in the attachment.

Hope that helps!

What type of wire did you use to connect the iLink interface to your Pentair panel? I take it the iLink connects via a serial cable to the C4 Controller and you run a wire from the iLink to the Pentair panel near the pool.

What type of wire did you use to connect the iLink interface to your Pentair panel? I take it the iLink connects via a serial cable to the C4 Controller and you run a wire from the iLink to the Pentair panel near the pool.

I just used 22 AWG wire to connect the module to the panel (3 wires to screw down terminals on the pentair panel as I recall). Yes, the iLink connects via serial, but I used a serial to RJ45 connector then ran cat5 to the controller and another RJ45/serial on that end. Total run is about 100'

• 1 month later...

strange_brew:

Thanks for the info on connecting an Intellitouch Pentair panel to C4. I'm in the middle of doing this myself and I'm having trouble getting it to work. My config is exactly like yours (except I have an i7+3) and I connected the module to the panel and then ran a CAT6 cable with Serial/RJ45 on each side. My run is about 150'. But when I try to control it from either Composer or one of my interfaces (iPod, iPad, touch screen) it isn't getting any of the data (e.g. temperatures) and I can't control anything. Any suggestions? Thanks much for the assistance!

I assume you have the driver in your Project and named all the circuits? If so, when you look in Composer and put it in Serial Debug mode, do you see any communication at all? If you don't, I suspect you have a wiring issue. Mine started firing status events right away, so if it is connected properly you should see activity. If memory serves, its a straight-through serial connection vs. cross-over, so you might want to check that first. From there I'm afraid its good 'ol wiring troubleshooting...

• 11 months later...

Question for Strange Brew or others if you have Intellitouch experience. I have an EasyTouch system integrated to Pentair VS pumps and IntelliChem using the Acid hopper and an IC40 for ORP/Chlorine control. Before I upgraded the equipment, I just went cheap and wired one phase of the pumps (one filter pump and one for water features) directly through C4 wall switches. The switch for the old 2hp single speed pump worked for over three years even in the 100-120 degree days in a hot enclosure, but finally quit about a month ago and that's when I upgraded the Pentair equip as indicated above. I still have the pool light, mister pump and the water feature pump controlled by C4 switches and have always been happy with that setup.

My question is, should I switch over to IntelliTouch from the EasyTouch to get C4 driver integration, or should I just pay the $325 for Pentair's Screen Logic interface directly to my Ipad/phone?

Are you familiar with the EasyTouch? What other differences, benefits (or downsides) compared to the Intellitouch?

Question for Strange Brew or others if you have Intellitouch experience. I have an EasyTouch system integrated to Pentair VS pumps and IntelliChem using the Acid hopper and an IC40 for ORP/Chlorine control. Before I upgraded the equipment, I just went cheap and wired one phase of the pumps (one filter pump and one for water features) directly through C4 wall switches. The switch for the old 2hp single speed pump worked for over three years even in the 100-120 degree days in a hot enclosure, but finally quit about a month ago and that's when I upgraded the Pentair equip as indicated above. I still have the pool light, mister pump and the water feature pump controlled by C4 switches and have always been happy with that setup.

My question is, should I switch over to IntelliTouch from the EasyTouch to get C4 driver integration, or should I just pay the $325 for Pentair's Screen Logic interface directly to my Ipad/phone?

Are you familiar with the EasyTouch? What other differences, benefits (or downsides) compared to the Intellitouch?

When my pool was originally installed I had an EasyTouch. I upgraded to the Intellitouch to get the control4 integration and I'm very happy that I did. Its a much better system overall in my opinion. I wouldn't spend $325 to get the pentair app if it were me. I'd rather have it integrated into C4. I have all of my stuff (water feature, lights, spa, etc...) hooked up to the Intellitouch and I control it through C4. The only downside is that you can't use the c4 pool controls in the ipad/iphone apps (my preferred way of controlling things outside), but I just created custom buttons on my Pool and Patio zones, so don't really miss the 2 way all that much.

• 6 months later...

Archived