C4 Forums | Control4

Anyone using C4 to control Sony HES-V1000 Blu Ray Changer?

bridgeweave

Hi Everbody. Im desperate for help please I have a Fujitsu p50hha51w plasma and a HC500 and controlling the screen via RS232. problem is when I turn my system on everything goes on except the plasma if I turn it all off and the on again the screen comes on. Same goes when I turn off the system all off then on and then off again. This is doing my head in please help me

Hi Everbody. Im desperate for help please I have a Fujitsu p50hha51w plasma and a HC500 and controlling the screen via RS232. problem is when I turn my system on everything goes on except the plasma if I turn it all off and the on again the screen comes on. Same goes when I turn off the system all off then on and then off again. This is doing my head in please help me

double check your serial connections and driver.. if you keep having problems maybe its best to switch to IR.. sometimes serial on tv is weird..

What are you trying to actually do? What do you mean by "when I turn my system on"? Do you mean to watch Cabel/Satellite TV, Movies? Play XBox, Wii?

We have seen this issue when a client wants to watch a movies using a Blu-Ray player. When they press "Watch DVD" and it's a Blu-Ray player the TV will not come on or if it's on it will shut off. The problem is with a little known protocol in some Blu-Ray players (Mostly Sony) and HDMI. If this is your issues let me know and I can tell you how to fix it.

the screen will not tun on first go weather I select tv or videos or any other video source driver seems to be fine and I have repeated the code. I really am against using an IR flasher on the front of my screen as it ruins the lines of the tv and if I open the screen and modify it will void my warranty

if I open the screen and modify it will void my warranty

Those are the risks you take when you want a streamlined look. As long as you don't hack anything up on the TV, you should be able to open it up and take the emitter out, if you have to send it in for service. I have yet to be told that I voided the warranty when I send something back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived